• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RDJ v2.0.0.5 > Say Time Issue

Started by KJ6EO, October 19, 2020, 01:06:49 AM

KJ6EO

Hello and thanks for reading my post.  I've got Say Time installed and working.  But, sometimes my TOH ID fires on top of the Say Time announcement.  This is the way I set up Say Time:

I created an event called "3 Second Pause".  Here are the actions in that event:

Stop!
seconds to wait|3
Play!

For Say Time itself, I created a manual event called "Say Time"

Then, I created a Playlist with one event in it (Say Time), and saved it.

Then, I created an event calling up the playlist.

So at the top of the hour I see:

SAY TIME
3 SEC PAUSE

Next is the TOH ID

Say Time executes correctly at the specified time.  However, sometimes my TOH ID fires up on Say Time before
it's finished.  It will work perfectly for several hours, then a misfire, then one ok, one bad.  So, I don't know why
it's happening.  The TOH ID is the same one everytime, so nothing changes there.

If anyone would have an idea as to why this is happening, I'd like to hear any comments you might have.  Thanks
in advance for your help.

Chip Douglas Mosley

The length of the time announce can be different every hour. Try changing your time announce to SAY TIME WITH PAUSE in the available plugins. That will stop the playlist while the time announce speaks. Then your Station ID should run properly. (You can even take the timed event out since the pause is programmed into the pause.)
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

KJ6EO

Hi Chip -

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, I don't have an available SAY TIME Plugin with PAUSE.  There are only 2 say time plugins listed there.  (1) Schedule Hour Announcement, and (2) Schedule Hour Announcement and lower music
volume.