Poll

External drive

Help
0 (0%)
Advice
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Files and drives  (Read 479 times)

Xeco

• New User

Files and drives
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:51:33 PM »
Hi all
First post and hope it's in right place
My question is it possible to use an external drive other than load onto the main system
Ie walk into studio plug in and choose from my own drive
Asking as I do a modern rock show and loading new tracks in weekly these aren't what the other DJs will use so I'm just taking up space on the system
Were a new station and I'm just thinking forward to help
Thank you for input and advice

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • RadioDJ Tutorials
Re: Files and drives
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 07:55:51 AM »
Yes and NO
The YES you can em using a 1 tb for my tracks only it remains connected to the PC.
The NO  when every dj connects his own drive to the pc the tracks must be imported in the database, that will not be a problem.
But what happens the database is getting very big!
Now when the drive is unmounted, radiodj can no longer find all tracks in the database and set them as disabled (not found)
so you have to use relocate every time (when a dj mount his.her drive), from the utilities option.And that takes a very long time with a large database
One solution is a large external disk for all tracks, and a folder with the name of each DJ where his/her tracks are in.
But note every dj has to rename his tracks to like this example Jhonny - Peggy Lee - Fever.mp3.otherwise a track will not be imported you will get the notification already exists.
another forum member may have a different solution, for you.

Jhonny
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl

Xeco

• New User

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »
A big thanks for reply
And understand what your saying
Was hoping for a plug and play solution but unless someone has another idea this may be only solved by the tech guys for radiodj itself
From a new and small station just starting up we are running low in drive space quickly mainly due to me and wanting to bring my listeners the very latest tracks
If right here from what you say I could plug my own external drive in and only load into that drive and if I never unplug this saves the space on main drive yes ?

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • RadioDJ Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 10:05:24 PM »
Yep.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl