• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

[FR/ENG] Problème de chargement d'une playlist - Problem loading a playlist

Started by petitgateau, January 14, 2021, 12:06:42 PM

petitgateau

Configuration :
CPU : i5-6600K
RAM : 8go
The files are stored on a hard disk / Les fichiers sont stockés sur un disque dur

Français :
Bonjour,

Je me permets de poster un message afin de peut-être trouver une âme charitable qui pourrait me venir en aide.
Je suis actuellement en train de tester RadioDJ afin de peut-être le passer en production dans le futur, mais je fais face à un problème.

Dans un premier temps, je donne quelques précisions sur la manière dont j'utilise RadioDJ, si cela peut aider à trouver la solution au problème :
RadioDJ tourne sur un ordinateur physique et cet ordinateur et sa base de données sont accessibles sur le réseau local.
Pour programmer les différents écrans, je le fais non pas depuis l'ordinateur de diffusion mais depuis un autre ordinateur sur le réseau.
Je crée une playlist dans laquelle je mets ce que je souhaite diffuser, des chroniques, des publicités, ...
Le planificateur d'événements du logiciel se charge ensuite de charger cet écran à l'heure programmée.

Voici le problème que je rencontre seulement lorsque je programme les informations locales qui sont pré-enregistrées une ou deux heures avant la diffusion :
L'écran ne se charge pas correctement.
L'événement se déclenche mais celui-ci ne charge pas le fichier.
Pour moi, c'est comme si RadioDJ n'avait pas actualisé ses fichiers et qu'il ne trouvait pas les informations locales pré-enregistrées.

Connaissez-vous une solution pour régler ce problème ?

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de lire mon post et merci par avance à ceux qui m'aideront.
Petitgateau

English :
Hello,

I'm posting this text because I come across a problem and I'm looking for a charitable soul who could help me.
I'm currently testing RadioDJ possibly in order to put it into production in the future.

First, I'll give some details on how I use RadioDJ, if it can help find a solution to that problem::
RadioDJ runs on a physical computer and this computer and its database is accessible on the local network.
To program the different screens, I don't do it from the broadcasting computer but from another computer on the network.
I create a playlist in which I put what I want to broadcast, chronicles, ads, ...
The software's event scheduler then loads this screen at the scheduled time.

Here is the problem I only encounter when I program local information that is pre-recorded one or two hours before the broadcast :
The screen does not load properly.
The event is triggered but it doesn't load the file.
To me, it's as if RadioDJ hasn't updated its files and can't find the pre-recorded local information.

Have you a solution to fix this ?

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance to those who will help me.
Petitgateau

stevewa

is there any error message in the Windows Event Viewer, Application Log, source=RadioDJ?

...it could not find the file?

where is the audio file located?
try putting a copy of it somewhere else,
ensure the folder & file has correct permissions.
try loading the file using the search box, dbl click will add it to the playlist, make sure that part works
take screen captures of the event settings and upload them to imgur then link to them so we can view them.

petitgateau

Quote from: stevewa on January 14, 2021, 03:40:48 PM
is there any error message in the Windows Event Viewer, Application Log, source=RadioDJ?

...it could not find the file?

where is the audio file located?
try putting a copy of it somewhere else,
ensure the folder & file has correct permissions.
try loading the file using the search box, dbl click will add it to the playlist, make sure that part works
take screen captures of the event settings and upload them to imgur then link to them so we can view them.

Hello Stevewa,

Thank you very much for helping me.

- Concerning the event observer, no errors related to RadioDJ.
- The file is located on a hard disk installed in the machine (the file is not stored on a NAS, or other), it is indeed on the broadcast machine.
- The permissions on the file are good.
- The file works because when I've created the playlist, I had pre-listened to the file and it worked.

The event is simple, it just loads the playlist: https://prnt.sc/wnit7x

Clarification: when I noticed that the playlist had been loaded but the file was missing, I simply removed the playlist from the event and put it back (the playlist) in the event. The file loaded correctly once the event was triggered again.
The error occurred at 11h30, when the playlist re-loaded at 12h30 (the file is played twice), it went very well.
The problem also appeared yesterday

stevewa

Please clarify.
Is this a playlist with multiple audio files listed?
Do the other files in the playlist get loaded into the scheduled queue listing to be played by automation?
Is only 1 file in the playlist being skipped?
Is the first time the event triggers and the playlist is loaded , but that 1 audio file is not listed nor played, but on the second event later in the day, everything is found and works ok?

When you create the file, are you importing it into radiodj or are you just naming the file to be the same name as an existing file that you want to over write?

petitgateau

Quote from: stevewa on January 15, 2021, 12:47:01 AM
Please clarify.
Is this a playlist with multiple audio files listed?
Do the other files in the playlist get loaded into the scheduled queue listing to be played by automation?
Is only 1 file in the playlist being skipped?
Is the first time the event triggers and the playlist is loaded , but that 1 audio file is not listed nor played, but on the second event later in the day, everything is found and works ok?

When you create the file, are you importing it into radiodj or are you just naming the file to be the same name as an existing file that you want to over write?

Hello Stevawa,

- It is indeed a playlist with several files.
- The other files are loaded correctly.
- When the event is triggered for the second time, the loading is done correctly.

I import the defined file and then add it to the playlist.
I think I have found the reason.
As I said, I do this from another computer and not from the one in which RadioDJ runs as broadcasting.

When I schedule this playlist and the event from my computer, once I'm done, I just open the list of events to watch on the broadcast computer and close it. By doing this, the file in question is correctly loaded when the event fires.
I specify that I make this playlist and this event about thirty minutes before its triggering and as I said, I think that the problem just comes from the fact that RadioDJ (broadcasting station side) has not yet updated its files and therefore, when loading the playlist, this file is missing.

There are other playlists that go off throughout the day, for chronicles or advertising and everything works.
But these events have been scheduled for quite some time, usually a day before they are broadcast.
So it seems that the problem only stems from the fact that I am programming this from another RadioDJ station and that, as I do very shortly before the broadcast, the broadcast RadioDJ has not yet updated (?)

Is it possible to create an event that would allow RadioDJ to update its files / playlists a few minutes before this event ?
Maybe that could fix this problem ?

Thank you again for taking the time to help me!

stevewa

Do you have HeidiSQL installed, so you could get into the actual database to view the playlist that you are creating?

petitgateau

Quote from: stevewa on January 15, 2021, 02:38:37 PM
Do you have HeidiSQL installed, so you could get into the actual database to view the playlist that you are creating?

Hello Stevewa,

Yes, I can see the playlist I created.
The problem is just that RadioDJ doesn't update on time, I think.
Since I have done the manipulation I am talking about: simply go to the list of events on the RadioDJ which is broadcasting (so that it is updated), the file is loaded correctly.

Unfortunately, this manipulation is annoying the day it goes into production.

stevewa

do both installations (the broadcast computer AND your remote computer) connect to the same shared database, or does the remote computer need to synchronize it's database changes to the broadcast computer?
as soon as you save the playlist on the remote computer (the computer you are using), the database should be updated immediately, and that audio track file (song ID) should be listed in the playlist inside the database. there should not be any need to "view" the upcoming events schedule in radiodj broadast, it should not need to be refreshed...

the event is only going to open the playlist from the database, and insert the song id's into the db table "queuelist", so I don't see how viewing the event list would change anything for that 1 audio file...

petitgateau

Quote from: stevewa on January 15, 2021, 08:46:39 PM
do both installations (the broadcast computer AND your remote computer) connect to the same shared database, or does the remote computer need to synchronize it's database changes to the broadcast computer?
as soon as you save the playlist on the remote computer (the computer you are using), the database should be updated immediately, and that audio track file (song ID) should be listed in the playlist inside the database. there should not be any need to "view" the upcoming events schedule in radiodj broadast, it should not need to be refreshed...

the event is only going to open the playlist from the database, and insert the song id's into the db table "queuelist", so I don't see how viewing the event list would change anything for that 1 audio file...

Hello,

The broadcasting computer and the remote computer are indeed using the same database.
So far, the problem I encountered has not reappeared.

I'm going to be doing different tests in the days to come to try to figure out if it was just chance, or if there really is a problem somewhere.

I will return to this post of course, if I find out anything, so that maybe I can help someone in the future, if that person is having this problem as well.