Author Topic: Overlay Sweepers Issue  (Read 411 times)

eradiodj

• PureRock.US - America's Pure Rock
Overlay Sweepers Issue
« on: February 12, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
I am running RDJ V1.82 and have been for sometime. Suddenly my overlay sweepers are not playing as overlays. All the settings have remained the same and they have been playing well for quite sometime but now there is an obvious hesitation when they used to fire correctly over the next track. All other segues for the music fades are working as expected.
PC is updated and not showing any signs of hardware issues. Sound card is set as it should be.

Could this be database related?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
PureRock.US - America's Pure Rock
http://www.purerock.us

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
Re: Overlay Sweepers Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:38:27 PM »
I am running RDJ V1.82 and have been for sometime. Suddenly my overlay sweepers are not playing as overlays. All the settings have remained the same and they have been playing well for quite sometime but now there is an obvious hesitation when they used to fire correctly over the next track. All other segues for the music fades are working as expected.
PC is updated and not showing any signs of hardware issues. Sound card is set as it should be.

Could this be database related?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would think so. What DBase do you use? I know there are a lot of troubles with MySQL so for use with RadioDJ it's better to use MariaDB. Also do a HDD check. When this happend at my place, my harddrive was starting to fail on me. Also try to avoid using USB drives.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

eradiodj

• PureRock.US - America's Pure Rock
Re: Overlay Sweepers Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 12:03:43 AM »
I was able to resolve the overlay issue with a restore, but I do suspect my HD is nearing end of life and causing the drop outs.

Thanks for the response.
PureRock.US - America's Pure Rock
http://www.purerock.us