• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What are the chances....?

Started by RFU, March 31, 2021, 02:37:26 PM

RFU

What are the chances of two hard drives going down on the same computer at the same time?  >:D

The C drive on my radio station computer died which was where RadioDJ was running from (and of course my RadioDJ backup copy, and the backups of all the plugins, plus all the album art, and commercials, station IDs, artist promos, etc were on that drive).

PLUS the external drive with all my non-Ukrainian artists (about 1tb) on it died at the same time. Luckily the HDD with all my syndicated shows, Ukrainian artists, and playlists didn't die (knock on wood)

And to top it all off, we had a power failure 2 nights ago and now one of my monitors is fried  :bash:

So it looks like my station will be off the air for a few weeks while i buy new hardware and rebuild from scratch
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

DJ Garybaldy

Hard drives going bad has been the ONLY thing that has ever taken RadioDJ offline when I've been using it since 2010

Its the only expense I've had really apart from buying new computers.

I recently lost my backup drive when it failed 2TB of data gone it was a good job my music was backed up on other computers.

I'm hoping I get more mileage from  Solid State drives. I know they can be pricey but they're worth it for performance.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Yikes, sorry to hear that.  ???  Had a brown out here in Rural NB, Canada.  It wasn't normal as the power sputtered the lights went dim, and ramped up and down for about 5 minutes before blacking out.  It was enough to fry (2) computers and a Fridge.
It's not fun and hope you have a smooth ride returning to the airwaves.

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

RFU

Our power failure was just power on, then power off. No brown out.

And it came back on about 2-1/2 hours later. What really sucks is that's the third LG monitor I've lost to the same thing. Works fine, power failure, and it's fried. All the same model number. And they were all plugged into a power bar with surge protection.

stevewa

you might consider buying a power backup system, like a 1000W pure sine wave Cyberpower etc. Depends on your computer power supply, what kind of sine wave it requires. Did the surge suppression power strip have any kind of insurance protection? too bad your post wasn't an April Fools joke.  You should also consider an offsite backup of your data and your windows system image backup, which can be automated ie like a google drive sync and backup, or something like PCloud / DropBox. You could use local windows scripts to compress the files into encrytped zip files first, then have them secure ftp up to the cloud server for storage. Plus a few 64 gig usb sticks for system image backup which you could store offsite, which would get you back online faster than waiting a remote backup to download. You don't realize how important the backups are until you get in trouble. sorry and best of luck. You might also consider putting a message on your website, that your stream is currently offline.

RFU

I need some advice from everyone because in the 5 years I've been running the station I remember how it works but not every piece of software I used

Right now, while I'm doing the rebuild, I'm using Xampp to run the MySQL. But I know I had something else before. In the bottom right corner of the taskbar was a red icon. It was grey but then turned to red when the database was ready. And it sat there (red) until the next restart. I didn't have to mess with Xampp or anything else. The database was just up and running. And I knew when the icon turned red, I could start RadioDJ. So what was it?

Second, I had a DSP plugin that was visible, but didn't show up in the task bar, and the small screen was usually behind RadioDJ. So if I reduced radioDJ to the taskbar I could see it. It had a bunch of slider controls, vue meters and also came with some presets. Does anyone know what it was called?

TIA!

SteveHS

Quote from: RFU on April 02, 2021, 05:42:12 PM
Right now, while I'm doing the rebuild, I'm using Xampp to run the MySQL. But I know I had something else before. In the bottom right corner of the taskbar was a red icon. It was grey but then turned to red when the database was ready. And it sat there (red) until the next restart. I didn't have to mess with Xampp or anything else. The database was just up and running. And I knew when the icon turned red, I could start RadioDJ. So what was it?
Not sure about the others but on the XAMPP it should just be an orange square with the logo, I've never seen a red icon when it was ready so this maybe something else and in it's control panel starting SQL will highlight it in green with you're port number, you only need to run apache when you want to access phpMyAdmin :)

RFU

No. I had Xampp installed before but whatever it was that ran the mysql had nothing to do with it. And it started on it's own on startup

BTW, I figured the dsp plugin was Sound Solution 1.3.1. It installed ok and it's running. But I can't seem to load presets

stevewa

RFU

No. It wasn't xampp

It might have been MariaDB but I can't figure out how to get that to start automatically at startup and load the db

stevewa

MariaDB should start automatically as a Windows service. Which Windows version are you running? Check services.msc to see if MarisDB server is listed as auto start. Is RadioDJ starting BEFORE MariaDB is running, and RDJ complains that it can't find the db?

RFU

MariaDB id not in services.msc

RadioDJ complains there is no DB if I start it before Xampp and I don't have RadioDJ set to run at startup

stevewa

these 2 may help

https://superuser.com/questions/1495848/can-not-start-mariadb-service-on-windows-10-machine-although-i-have-full-admin-r

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installation-issues-on-windows/

RFU

Well... I think I've just totally F*&^#D up everything  :bash:

Mysql 8.0 wasn't installed. So I installed it. Mysql won't load the sql backup I made with phpmyadmin

Heidi won't load the sql backup I made with phpmyadmin

Xampp now won't let me access phpmyadmin

And radiodj database program won't restore the database with the sql backup I made with phpmyadmin

Jhonny

There were rumors that mysql 8 was not working properly.
I use Uamp and only run Apache and use mariadb server.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English