• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Please add external music player

Started by mitchrapp, April 30, 2021, 11:15:24 AM

mitchrapp

Hi, Gosh I love telling people who ask what my DJ software is, they usually start with, "are you using SAM"?  No! I use RadioDJ.. and then get to share the benefits.

Ok so far our amazing creator has said he will include one suggestion I made in the next version
https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=13586.msg76238#msg76238

Hopefully, there is no fairness quota lol, a  good idea, that benefits everyone is a good idea...

Ok, I don't know about others, I do NOT import songs into RDJ without previewing them first with another music app.
I currently use MP3Tag to have the list of songs that I can edit the tags and double click to play in my default player. However maybe I am biased, but RDJ player sounds fuller better audio quality than my default player.  I want to hear how that track will sound in RDJ.  If there was an external player and we can set that to our Windows default player, we could preview how it sounds in RDJ with any app we prefer, and then decide if we want to add to our DB. 

For me the ability to play one song and click on another track to load and play is all I need, some might need the ability to load a list of songs.  If drag and drop into RDJ-DB is added in the next version, and you can then delete the newly added tracks you don't want after preview and do without fear of corrupting the DB then external isn't necessary. 
RadioDJ 2017, Multiple Live On Air Personality gigs each week.