• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Is there RDJ Command-line commands to do basic RDJ tasks remotely?

Started by mitchrapp, May 07, 2021, 09:40:06 PM

mitchrapp

Hi, after 4 1/2 years of proudly using RadioDJ, I finally have tested and about to go into online stream shows "auto-ducking" via Voicemeeter Banana. "4 + years" you say, VMB has always been able to do "sound ducking" with macros, yep that is true, lol, I just slow or felt always too busy to dig into how to make it work.

What I need now is RadioDJ command line code for doing basic tasks, so that I can set up a VMB macro to do the RDJ task.  One macro use is: for "fade in / fade out" song changes. I set up a VMB macro to fade out the current playing track, pause 1 sec while I click RDJ change the next track manually, then a 2nd click to "fade in" new track.  If I could add the command-line command for RDJ to change tracks, I could do this with one click and not even have to watch the process. There are times especially at end of the show when I have to hand off stream to the next show host and my last song is running over. The "fade in/out" macro allows me to manually adjust to end the set on time.

I want to create macros to connect to RDJ via command line and initiate basic tasks in RDJ.

Many might say "oh you can do it this way inside of RDJ", or "you can do all that with XYZ". RDJ & VMB are basically free, this is a hobby, the hardware and upgrading to better equipment eat up the hobby budget, or I would buy SAM for $300 and do it all internally via SAM.  Also, I like how things work, Voicemeeter Banana + Radio DJ are the poor man's tools to sound professional broadcasting without expensive hardware.

So hopefully there is a list of command-line commands???

4 1/2 years ago there were maybe 12 videos on ways to set up Voicemeeter and only 2 or 3 were worth watching. Today there are a lot of videos, and it's not because VMB alone is driving the interest, many new hardware (sound boards) and some software are using Voicemeeter macros to do broadcast or streaming to make their production more professional.

If there are no RadioDJ command-line commands, maybe it's time and a new plugin be created to hook with Voicemeeter.
If RDJ adds a plugin for Voicemeeter, RDJ would be a leader for not-for-profit broadcast streaming, and the donationware format VMB uses could be put into use here at RDJ.  I sort of think, no one wants to have to support such a plugin on this board.  I would suggest the powers here contact Voicemeeter and they add the RDJ plugin category on their board and allow fellow users to provide the input/support.

**After I have tweaked the "Auto Ducking" macro and feel good about using it "LIVE" I will post here at RDJ.

errr, I didn't see the plugin request category, maybe move this post there???
RadioDJ 2017, Multiple Live On Air Personality gigs each week.

stevewa

mitchrapp

Steve, thank you, for the heads up on the REST Plugin, I didn't think to look in the disabled plugin folder and a quick search found a few old posts about it.  Looks like that is the job of REST to monitor the command line for instructions to RDJ.  I will put some time into  how much info is available to use and commands, probably be calling out for help soon :)
RadioDJ 2017, Multiple Live On Air Personality gigs each week.