• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Ofline

Started by Jhonny, October 09, 2021, 10:40:12 PM

Jhonny

I am so sorry to report that the radiodj.info site will go off line in Oct 2020 as the costs of the server rental will be too high for me (Pay this from a small pension) it will be € 100 for this and every next years (I think).

I can no longer afford this (I am now 70 years old) and do this from 2012. so at the end it will bi 10 years, maintain and update to new versions.
I enjoyed doing this and shere it all for free.
And hope to have helped many with this as RadioDJ  is a great program and just for free.
Of course I will keep updating for new free versions, until the site has to goes offline.
First i like to point out that this is a grate community very own helping others. a  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Several times radiodj forum members started setting up a RadioDJ wiki site which unfortunately failed.
Perhaps now is the time for this.

those who want to participate are welcome, otherwise the radio.info site will disappear into thin air, which would be a shame, or not.

It can also be something beautiful towards Marius who spends a lot of time in this lovemaking program

reply to this topic let's hear from you to help set up a wiki page for radiodj.
So that not all information is lost.

Maybe we can all get this done
Jhonny. to all of you  :cool: :cool:

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

packzap

I hope we can find a way to keep it . . . Online!  :o

DJ Garybaldy

Can't you do like I did when my site went tits up?

Blogger is a free blogging tool maybe you could get a blog together with some of the useful information. it would be a shame to lose all that Information
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Kai

Hi Jhonny,

I'm very sorry to read, that you have to shutdown radiodj.info 'cause of the the monthly costs. :-[

So I thought about possible solutions for you:
The first idea that came in my mind was "Sponsorship".
You are doing so much for the RadioDJ community, that it should be possible to find 20 members here which will sponsor radiodj.info with 5€ per month. With that you don't have to go offline. I, for myself, like to be one of them.

Another thought was to reduce the monthly costs. I stumbled over a blog on the website "Tom's Hardware".
The blog explains, how to host a public website on a home Raspberry Pi with a public IP-adress.
For this you only need a Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 with your website on it, a Google Cloud Platform Account and, of cause an internet connection.
I don't know, how good or bad the performance is, but I think it's worth a try.

Here ist the link to the blog: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/host-public-website-raspberry-pi

Or, if my ideas don't work for you, I agree with Gary's solution with the free blogging tool 'Blogger'.
Save the world!
It's the only planet with chocolate...

Jhonny

@Kai
It's not monthly costs but year cost.
First it was 60 Euro there change it to 100 Euro a year.
RadioDJ is for free.
So i like to keep the site also free for visitors.
I do have visitors over the world.
https://www.radiodj.info/visitors/index.php

Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Jhonny

packzap has made me a offer for hosting radiodj.info.  :cool:
This gives me a good feeling, knowing that if something happens to me (hope not) the information will remain for the rdj users.

What a fantastic community is this, and I am proud to be a member.

Thanks to you all.
Jhonny (Jan).

stevewa

mebo870

RDJ 2.0.3.9
I found the key to happiness
Stay away from idiots

Jhonny

Thank you for your offers.
I've had an offer from packzap and ftp the site over, and am now testing.

Several have made an offer for hosting, which certainly touched me the offer of so much help by members.  :cool:

To all kind regards, Jan (Jhonny)