Author Topic: Can't beat it with a stick!  (Read 423 times)

Capt. Dave

• New User

Can't beat it with a stick!
« on: October 15, 2021, 10:07:24 PM »
In the last 2 months both my wife and myself have had our class reunions (50th for her, 51st for me). I supplied entertainment for both in the form of a fake radio station that sounded like it was from our respective graduation years. I used to BE in broadcasting (AM and FM Top 40), so I had connections to get jingles from the stations we both grew up with.

The music library was from 1955 to 1971, and I threw in 44 different Coke commercials from their 60's campaign of having music stars singing the Coke jingle arranged to sound sort of like their latest record. Jingles, Coke commercials, TOH ID, everything was there.

And it ran on RDJ 2.0.0.6 on a Dell Latitude E640 (i5) 8Gb RAM running Windows 10. There was not a single hiccup. Nothing broke, it sounded like we were listening to the radio in 1970, and 1971. Absolutely perfect, which is exactly what I expected. I've run RDJ on everything from Windows 98 through Windows 10 and have yet to run into any problems. I have it running 24/7 on a closed circuit system here at home, and it performs flawlessly day, after day, after, day.

It's the Eveready Bunny of automation programs.

Well Done, Marius!