Author Topic: Event Timing  (Read 323 times)

RFU

• Radio Free Ukraine
Event Timing
« on: January 05, 2022, 02:52:31 PM »
Is there a way to have an event play, only after another event is finished?

I have some syndicated shows that are one or two hours long. Sometimes they go a little over. They are played by an event. I have it set to play at 4 minutes after the hour in case a previous event hasn't finished.

On the hour I have an event playing the news. If the show is not quite finished the news event cuts it off and plays. If a show is two hours long the news event is timed not to play during the show.

For example: It's set to play the news event a 10:00, then the show event at 10:04, then the news event at 12:00

Is there a way to get the news event to not play until the previous event has finished?

The only work around I can think of is to add the news to the show event, and set the time in the news event to not play at 12:00
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

Kiwi

Re: Event Timing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 08:07:19 PM »
Do you have a "Play!" command in your News Event? If you do, remove it, then my understanding is the News will not play until the previous Event has finished. May be worth a try for you...

RFU

• Radio Free Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:19 AM »
Removing "Play!" causes the file to load and not play. In fact, it stopped RadioDJ dead until I deleted the files from the playlist
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 01:39:52 PM »
What commands do you have in your News Event?

Additional... If you have "Play!" in your Event, the Event will be triggered to play at the requested time. It will stop whatever is being broadcast and begin the new Event. To ensure the previous Event plays out to the end you will need something like this ...

AutoDJ Disable!
Clear Playlist!
Assisted Disable!
AutoDJ Enable!
Load....

I hope I have clarified things...

Derek

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 11:11:40 AM »
If your news is a file and not a live feed, how about having an event that just loads that news file to the top of the playlist at that time, then when the previous file finishes, that plays? (as long as you have Automated set). You can even add a jingle to into the news that way as well.

Example: Load news file (top) then the next instruction in the event is Load jingle (top). This makes sure that the jingle is before the news item, but they're both now next to play in the playlist.