• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.3.7 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, March 17, 2022, 07:14:56 PM

spons

Quote from: Vanlen on June 28, 2022, 08:57:59 PM
With all the valuable user input on 2.0.3.7 Beta thus far,  I've never been more eagerly awaiting a release than right now.   :P

+1 !!
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

xanaftp

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on June 07, 2022, 10:59:40 AM

Its how the program is packaged. AV software thinks its Malware when it isn't I've used RadioDJ for 12 years and wouldn't have allowed it on my system IF it was dodgy (Which it isn't)

https://www.radiodj.ro/awards/software-informer-award.html

@calypso is correct. This award was from 2014... way before this RadioDJ version. It is irrelevant.

Quote from: stevewa on June 07, 2022, 03:27:53 PM
(Virus total stuff... omitting to save room)

There is no excuse for something to trigger 1/3 of the virus engines even if some of them come up generic. As I said before and will say again... if it was just a few engines, then it is a false positive. If it's 1/3 of them like it is for RadioDJ, the problem is not the engines... the problem is RadioDJ.

So if CaTS really sandboxed it, which real virus/malware did they witness running, which process ids, which ports, and which additional files were downloaded and run as background processes?

Unfortunately, I did not have time to go through that process with them, though I wanted them to do so especially since the issue was only RadioDJ Reports (and we didn't even use that). I was close to graduation (literally less than a month away) and therefore no longer at the university now. It is completely in their hands and out of mine now. And they're looking for another automation system now because they can't trust RadioDJ nor the team. And I wouldn't blame them honestly, but it's going to cost them a lot of money they don't really have.

and if you only need the revised REST server dll (Plugin_RestServer.dll) have you tried copy & pasting the newer version of that dll to see if that gets you fixed?

No, I'm not at the university anymore. And even if we swapped the DLL and wanted to keep the old version (which I'm not 100% sure that's where the bug was), they can't at this point. The security team won't trust the station with any RadioDJ version anymore especially after they read this (and one other) forum thread and saw how dismissive people have been of this legitimate security issue. No matter how many "workarounds" are provided, they want to see the core security issue fixed... aka. antiviruses are no longer flagging RadioDJ as malicious (or, at the very most, only a couple do as no antivirus engine is perfect). And rightfully so. You can't "work around" malware.

Quote from: Marius on June 08, 2022, 08:01:11 PM
I use a obfuscator to protect the code and such a tool works by renaming all the functions, variables etc to nonsense characters. The problem is that many times malware is packed the same and some antivirus programs freak out when sees the same type of packing, without further analyzing the code and the program behavior.
(...)

You've mentioned this before, and I brought it up with the security team. That explanation does not fly with security professionals (it certainly has not worked with my university). If you can't use a code signing certificate (charge a small fee if you must to afford one; code signing is a must now-a-days for public production apps), why not find another way to obscure the code without triggering antiviruses? Surely there's more than one way to do it. Maybe exclude RadioDJ Reports for now until it's fixed? Offer it as a separate add-on / download with an antivirus warning so the main RadioDJ doesn't trigger antiviruses?

Actually, @stevewa has a great solution:

"You could replace Internet Explorer Hidden in "RadioDJ Reports.exe", with Edge Web View 2, for HTML rendering, and not get flagged as Malware. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/"

Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft anyway, so Edge should be used, antivirus warnings aside.
...or, why does it even need an HTML renderer? Why can't it use some sort of native tabling UI like RadioDJ does (such as the tracks manager window)?

Simon West

End of the road for Radio DJ, well at our station anyway the end has come after 12 years due to all the download issues and lack of any real work on a VT system and Traffic control. Our head of IT has put his foot down and removed all trace of RDJ off all six pc's and server. It has been replaced by the UK based PlayoutOne a paid for system at a very reasonable cost. It has installed without issue with it's sql db installed automatically, now on it's First months running - all Good.     Thank you so much for all you work "Marius" on RDJ you have done wonders and I will keep a copy on my PC while I can. Les
You wouldent need to do everything yourself - if you trusted people!

DJ Garybaldy

It makes me sad when people leave RadioDJ

If features aren't being added Fast enough then sorry not a lot we can do about it  :bash:

VT may come with the Pro version (which is in the works) as for Traffic control there may be other software for that
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

ISTFM63

Simon West

I think if you read my posts I have not quit RDJ myself rather than for the second time (2017) the station has removed all trace of RDJ it had been used to do media training with local college students gaining us a fee. What happened was a PC failed and the replacement Win 11 had all the above issues with installation etc. The IT guy then checked other PCs to find that the reports had shown as a real threat and he has removed all trace of RDJ (I see he has blocked the download site as well) My frustration at this got the better of me, and it is obvious that this issue can only harm RDJ  Simon.
You wouldent need to do everything yourself - if you trusted people!

Vanlen

As the song says...

QuoteGENESIS - I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord And I've been waiting for this moment ..

;)
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Nervosu

Hi,I install this version but rotation not work. i can save it but when I push Auto  dj nothing hapening. the playlist do not populated. I use windows 11. If i put manualy song in playlist it work ok.

Andrew

Hi,
Did you update from an older version? Or a fresh install?

Nervosu

Quote from: Andrew on August 05, 2022, 11:04:48 AM
Hi,
Did you update from an older version? Or a fresh install?
Both metod. first i upgrade from version 2.0.0.9 , After I see not work i made a completly fresh instalation.

Andrew

you can't update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.3.7, that's for sure, these versions have a different database structure.
Still, it's a bit odd if you encounter this issue on a fresh installed database. For the fresh install did you create the rotations from scratch?

Nervosu

Quote from: Andrew on August 05, 2022, 11:18:24 AM
you can't update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.3.7, that's for sure, these versions have a different database structure.
Still, it's a bit odd if you encounter this issue on a fresh installed database. For the fresh install did you create the rotations from scratch?
I made the update progresive, adm manualy it is ok. but i think i know what is problem. I use Microsoft OneDrive to havr the same structure and the the same song on all computers, and i forget to mark to store always file on this computer. after a mark in windows explorer this, it likes it work! Thank you!

dodobasi

Found a problem in 2.0.3.7

When I try to modify Aux Players plugin (Settings), the window is not shown above Plugins window. I see it in a taskbar as opened but I cannot get it in front to do modifications. Please help.

TIA

Andrew

I replicated the same operation and i didn't have this problem. The Aux Players window is opening and i can modify parameters in it. Are you running a fresh install of v2.0.3.7? or updated from an older version?

dodobasi

Quote from: Andrew on August 09, 2022, 01:43:17 PM
I replicated the same operation and i didn't have this problem. The Aux Players window is opening and i can modify parameters in it. Are you running a fresh install of v2.0.3.7? or updated from an older version?

I'm running the fresh install. That issue is happening only on Aux Players plugin, nowhere else  :huh:

EDIT AND SOLVED: I simply changed value in XML file and that's it.