Author Topic: Power rotation of tracks without changing their order  (Read 227 times)

allformusic

• New User

Power rotation of tracks without changing their order
« on: March 19, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm sorry if there's an answer to the question I have but I used the search and didn't find a solution in similar threads. So, in autodj mode I have some rotations for 1 hour, then an event for clearing the playlist and rescheduling is included. In 3 of the rotations I have set to be played 5 out of 10 songs in the category. However, there are some rotations in which I have set 6 or 7 songs per hour and if I don't remove the repeat rule for 2 of them in the end of the rotation (despite it is set to minimum, however songs aren't being scheduled and they just miss from the playlist), they don't load. I thought that the songs could be played in a certain order because of the Least recently played rule, but it is equal to random in some situations and the same song plays after a few minutes. Is there a way these 10 songs to be played in a certain order without increasing this number to e.g. 12 or 14 songs in this category?
Thanks.

Derek

Re: Power rotation of tracks without changing their order
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 01:03:38 PM »
Some things to check are:

Are they being caught by the repeat rules by being the same artist?

If you keep your repeat rule times low e.g. 60 mins for example and you only have 10 tracks in the category, in theory it should only play ones that haven't just played a few minutes ago as long as it doesn't run out of available tracks before the repeat rule time stated.

In the AutoDJ section of the settings, have you got Reset Subcategories ticked? If so and it runs out of available tracks, this could be why a track plays sooner, because it's probably resetting the recently played data for that track (I think!).

(Newer versions of RadioDJ can also have the Album repeat preventing some tracks being chosen. Also, in tracks rotation they have the ability to see how many tracks are available for that selection in the Edit section, but I don't think that applies for the earlier versions in this area of the forums.)

One test could be to just temporarily add more tracks to the category to see if it then selects them ok. If so, it would just mean playing around with the repeat rule timings and to make sure that you're not giving RadioDJ an impossible task to choose items given the repeat spacing and available items.

I hope this helps.

stevewa

• RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay for Help
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 05:47:20 PM »
create your rotation using sql, then you can ignore any repeat rules
RadioDJ Remote Support Link to Pay For Personal Help: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=8RMWTFAWCX7WS

allformusic

• New User

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 08:54:08 PM »
In the AutoDJ section of the settings, have you got Reset Subcategories ticked? If so and it runs out of available tracks, this could be why a track plays sooner, because it's probably resetting the recently played data for that track (I think!).
Thanks a lot, man, that's the thing! I unchecked it and tested, the playlist got better. My rules are 50 minutes (and I even decreased this interval to 45) for songs and 1 minute for artists, so there's no way the problem to be there :D However, if  the clean playlist event isn't applied, the whole category of 10 songs will be omitted for the nex hour... I have noticed that the songs must be devided in two halfs of 5 songs in order to load for the next hour, but I need more of them in the hour and exactly 10 in the category and removed the rule for the tracks at the very end of the rotation.
create your rotation using sql, then you can ignore any repeat rules
Yeah, I read some stuff here about this, should try some day but I'm too lazy for this right now  ;D