• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

End Threshold db setting

Started by Jhonny, August 28, 2022, 12:56:08 PM

Jhonny

How to set the end db on all tracks 4 sec longer.
now is  set as End Threshold -28 db
Who can help me?
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

mdj

A quick question before I think too much about this. . . . . 

Do you have access to a web server (apache + php) on the same machine that the rDJ Database is running on?

Mike.

Jhonny

Yes running at home but does not have internet access.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

thaJack

I don't think the threshold itself is in the database. I think RDJ scans the file, finds the spot in the song where it drops below the threshold, and then sets a time code there to tell it that's where it's supposed to switch to the next song.

I think they're in the songs table in the cue_times field. It looks like this for one of my songs:
&sta=0.03140589569161&xta=211.495419501134&end=212.429954648526&fin=0&fou=0.934535147392268

You'll probably need to re-analyze those tracks in the Tracks Manager. How to limit your scope to those only 4+ seconds long is a bit trickier. You could use a SQL Query to put them all into a specific category, but then you'd need to put them all back into their original ones after.

Jhonny

I need the &end further,  now the songs are cut short before the end

Kiwi

Hey Jhonny, this post by you last year.... Does it help... or are you looking for a more efficient method?

https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=15231.0

Jhonny

Yes, by changing the end tresholt db setting be higher or lower. now = -28 db
higher ?? or lower??.
I can in 2037 change all tracks in the database with the ANALYZER.

mebo870

That's why I suggested before in "Future Requests"
To link the END position to the NEXT position.
Next, and then a 2 ... to 4 second fade out to zero, and STOP (END).
RDJ 2.0.3.9
I found the key to happiness
Stay away from idiots

worldradioman

I find a 29-36dB range good for seques: 29 is a little tight for me yet usually sounds fine. At 35 or 36, I find my manual segues fighting with the AutoDJ and advancing two.  On fade outs, though, that's radical unless you have produced jingles or whatever out of them to hide the cut.  On fades, even -50dB  sometimes sounds chopped to me.  -55 is where I settled on my home machine, but at the station, the Orban processing keeps floating it up, so it's never quite clean.  I've tried to find a window of time to dink with the compression levels on it, to cut down on the breathing, but it hasn't happened yet.

This is where it becomes arcane art, not science. ;)
Bee-Link N-100 (Intel Alder Lake)
Ubuntu 23.10  with Win11 VirtualBox Guest
System 16GB, VM gets 6GB

spons

Quote from: mebo870 on August 29, 2022, 09:49:59 PM
That's why I suggested before in "Future Requests"
To link the END position to the NEXT position.
Next, and then a 2 ... to 4 second fade out to zero, and STOP (END).

+1
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013