• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

How to restore a database backup?

Started by Marius, October 02, 2011, 05:26:18 PM

Marius

As some of you may noticed, the database utility cannot restore large backup files. This is not an issue of database utility, but a MySQL setting that must be manually changed.
I prefer not to modify user files, so i will not automate this in any way.
So, how we can fix the "Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed." error?

1. Stop the MySQL server
2. Search "my.cnf" file (is located usually in "bin" subdirectory of MySQL)
3. Locate this line "max_allowed_packet = XM" where X is a number. Change that number to 10 or even higher if needed.
The new line should look like this:
max_allowed_packet = 10M

Save the file, start the mysql server and voila.  :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

garybaldy72uk

Post deleted by admin (link no longer worked)

Marius

Normally, this should do the trick.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

For those in the know re - backing up the DataBase.   I have a main play out system with mysql and music etc and also have a production -editing station on the Local Area Network.  Does it matter which computer I do the backup from or is it best to back up from the main system with database?
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marvin

On my Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server mysql the file to look for is my.ini   It did not contain max_allowed_packet = 1M.  So I added the line edited to 10M (max_allowed_packet = 10M).  Saved the file and restarted mysql.  Works like a champ.  Thanks Marius!

Marvin

Quote from: Vanlen on October 25, 2011, 03:21:24 PM
For those in the know re - backing up the DataBase.   I have a main play out system with mysql and music etc and also have a production -editing station on the Local Area Network.  Does it matter which computer I do the backup from or is it best to back up from the main system with database?
Do both of them. It saves the backup in the backup folder in your radiodj folder.  You can never have too many backups!

Vanlen

Thanks Marvin!

Never thought about two....but then again Murphy's Law rules  ;)

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

scotto@netfm

Hi All, I have reset the max packet size to 10M, but to no avail. Using Win XP, mySQL 5.5 and Radio DJ V 1.6.0
The database is about 5,000 songs and there were 3 or 4 variable duration files of 85mb and 2 of 179mb. Does that make any difference? How do I get the database back????????

Marvin

dariodc

Hello, I'm trying to do a backup to clone the PC release, but I do not find my.cnf, it is possible that there is? there is in BIN, even in mysql, even in radiodj. I did look on XP but can not find ..
Dariodoc
www.newliferadio.it
www.serviceradio.it