• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Can we have a "Country" field please in 'songs' ?

Started by chrismadog, January 22, 2024, 02:14:57 AM

chrismadog

Hi Marius,

Can we have a Country field in the songs table please - or some way to mark Country for a song/artist/or band ?

I have a need to be able to play songs from a country or, not from a country during some of my shows.

For instance, on the 26th January, it is Australia Day and I would like to play Australian artists and bands that day.
I've looked for a way to do this with the current settings but cannot see a suitable way.

Please ?

Regards,
Chris M
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Kiwi

Good idea. An interim option could be to use sub-category and add a sub-category like "OZROCK"; "OZPOP" etc... or maybe add something to the Genre category for Australian Music. I know some use the "Language" field in Rotations to identify certain music with the name of a language. Just a thought...

chrismadog

Thanks Kiwi - definitely worth thinking about. It could get messy but worth thinking about because I want to have other nationalities like German, UK, Scots, Irish, Romanian, Danish, US, New Zealand etc etc.

Chris M

stevewa

just add a new column / field to the songs table, name it "origin_country", and then edit the field in HeidiSQL.

then you can use SQL queries to get songs with that country value.

chrismadog

Quote from: stevewa on January 23, 2024, 04:08:53 PMjust add a new column / field to the songs table, name it "origin_country", and then edit the field in HeidiSQL.

I've gone down this route and added a simple "country" and is working perfectly.
The only downside is it cannot be seen in the search panel, otherwise, perfect.

ChrisM

PresidentOfACPJ

Quote from: Kiwi on January 22, 2024, 06:51:59 PMGood idea. An interim option could be to use sub-category and add a sub-category like "OZROCK"; "OZPOP" etc... or maybe add something to the Genre category for Australian Music. I know some use the "Language" field in Rotations to identify certain music with the name of a language. Just a thought...
I used to use my radiodj this way, but lastmonths i got some erros orpossibility oferros,then decidednotto useit anymore, The best way would to add another subcategory section,i mean: Category - subcategory - extra subcategory - genre and this extrasubcat would have to have the same behavior of category, so you could use it to hjave australian categories separated of international categoriesforexample:

ROCK
ROCK - AU
POP 90'S
POP - AU 90'S or POP 90'S - AU

YOU  WOULD DECIDE IT.

ORwe could have this STRUCTURE:

CATEGORY
  SUBCATEGORY
    2nd SUBCATEGORY
      GENRE
        DECADE

OR ANOTHER WAY TO SHOW OR ALLOW TO ADD TO ROTATIONS ONLY FROMA SPECIFIC DECADE AND/OR COUNTRY
KBMZ RADIO:

radiorockfm.com.br/
twitter: @radiorockfmreal/
fb: @radiorockfmreal

studioflashback.com.br
twitter: @radiosflashback
fb: @radiostudioflashback

BR The Classic Rock:
radiorockfm.com.br/br
twitter. @classicrockbr
fb: @classicrockbr

ZTOP: