• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

New request

Started by Music Box, February 09, 2024, 06:08:31 PM

Music Box

Hi all, Marius a very useful request.
When I am in Track Rotation and create a new rotation it would be useful under sweeper to also have a sub-category option to select.
This request arises from the need to assign targeted sweepers to different sub categories, example:
When playing a house rotation, a random sweeper cannot be selected that has nothing to do with the genre being played. The same thing happens if I play Rock and RadioDj plays a sweeper dedicated to house music. I hope I have been clear in my explanation.
Bye and thank you.

Jasva

All of this is feasible even now. You can create different subcategories for sweepers through TrackManager when adding them to the database. It is also possible to use them when composing rotations by specifically selecting a sweeper and designating which subcategory the sweeper should be taken from for the rotation.
I have been using this approach for years without any problems - all different rotations and various shows have a specific subcategory assigned. It is also possible to turn certain groups on and off separately through Events.

Best regards,
Jasva

Music Box

Hi Jasva thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't understand how to proceed to perform what you are telling me.
Please could you explain me step by step how to do it?
Or can you recommend me a tutorial that shows what you are telling me?
Bye and thank you.

Derek

If you have an event to load a rotation, you could add a line in the event to set sweeper category. Then any sweepers selected by the rotation would be from that category. The only thing you wouldn't be able to do is have multiple different sweeper categories selected within the same rotation, which I think is what you are requesting?

Music Box

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply and advice. That might work.
To test the Set Sweeper Category action, where do I place it?
-------------------------------------------------------
This is the event in question:
Clear Playlist
Jingle
Spot
News
Say Time
Intro Playlist
Jingle
Load Rotation New Music
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello and Thank You

Derek

Quote from: Music Box on February 12, 2024, 12:38:34 PMwhere do I place it?
I'd put set sweeper category before clear playlist, then any sweepers would be chosen from the new category.
Normally, I'd advise having clear playlist after load rotation, so that the playlist comes from the new rotation.

Music Box

Hi Derek, I will try as soon as possible.
Thanks