• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Re: Timed event stalls out at 1 second before insert time. (How To Fix)

Started by SnowHow, May 06, 2012, 06:36:38 AM

SnowHow

I noticed this too and fixed it. I adjusted the concurrent connection setting on the MySQL database to 150 ( more than enough for average configurations, 300 would be for heavier database usage ) and increased the page file setting for Windows (virtual memory) and it seemed to smooth out.

I figured out it's happening because RadioDJ was trying to make too many connections to the database at the same time literally choking the database. Increasing the connection limit and tweaking the virtual memory seemed to fix it on my machine.

On Windows:
Start the Server Instance Configuration Wizard & click Next

NOTE: With MySQL 5.5 and newer, you must open Windows Explorer and brows to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin or C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin and start the MySQLInstanceConfig.exe from there.

Select Reconfigure Instance -> Next

Detailed Configuration -> Next

Select Server Machine -> Next (This allows the database more access to available memory)

Select Multifunctional Database -> Next (This is the default)

InnoDB Table Settings -> Next (Nothing to configure here as database is already installed)

Here is where you configure connections - Select Manual Settings and enter 150 into the box. Click Next

Networking Options - Choose options appropriate for you. I usually UNcheck the Strict Mode option as it seems to help with PHP scripts and makes the database run faster. Your mileage may vary. :) Click Next

Character Set. Choose option best for you and click Next

Windows Options. Same as above. Click Next

Security Settings. Same as above. Click Next

Execute.

Now you should notice a big difference in performance. I know I did. :)

Jason

garybaldy72uk

Split this away from the Topic and Made Sticky as its useful info for anyone else having issues with events not Loading.

SnowHow

SnowHow

The configuration wizard does all the necessary steps and configurations for the server then restarts the service thus reloading the file. No manual editing is required.

J-