• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Folder structure

Started by djbearish, October 31, 2012, 11:22:45 AM

djbearish

Hello there,

I was wondering...

At this moment my folder structure on the hard drive is as follows:

REC-DAY
REC-ADAN
REC-NIGHT
HIT-DAY
HIT-ADAN
HIT-NIGHT

The newest songs go into the HIT folders. After a few weeks I will take some of the songs out of the HIT folders and put them in the REC folders.
How does this affect Radiodj? Cause the path 2 the mp3 song is not correct anymore.
Do I need to import these songs again from the REC folders? Will it remember the que points i added, category and such? Or is there a other way to do this?

Hope my question is clear enough to understand?  ;)

garybaldy72uk

First off use Verify tracks and it will find the tracks that have been moved then Use the Relocate tracks feature under tools if you move a song to another folder it may take a few scans but it does find all the songs again.

djbearish

Quote from: DJ-Garybaldy on October 31, 2012, 11:24:09 AM
First off use Verify tracks and it will find the tracks that have been moved then Use the Relocate tracks feature under tools if you move a song to another folder it may take a few scans but it does find all the songs again.

Super! Thanks :)

So the only thing then to do is 2 change the category in RadioDj of the files I moved?

garybaldy72uk

Yes you can either use tracks manager to change genre or edit the track manually.

djbearish

stevo87

Easiest way is to have all the tracks in the same place all the time and just use the tracks manager to change the category of the tracks you want to change, eg I get it to show all the a lost then child Ctrl and select all the ones I want to change then tell it to change them all to b list