• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Request on track editor in the future versions?

Started by Bert van Der Meer, December 03, 2012, 12:03:55 PM

Bert van Der Meer

Hi there Marius and radiodj users, i got here fine request for next comming version of radio dj.
Hope that i can explain what i main.

When you go to edit track you can now set the piority, is it possible to put a enable/disable to select track @ days and hours so you can set playing track:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday >

Play only this song this time set

1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and so on select time did you want to play this song or not.

example :

House (music) track > play Saturday > 20:00 till 00.00 hours so only this kind of song played only at this day and this hours.

I dont now if or it can be executed for this to whrie script in the program, but it is posible in a broadcast program that called pc-radio. This option gives you more control about the track exactly want to play or not, it makes your playlist more precisely control over it. So I use now is that in folders and different sub categories and thats not exactly enough. If this would be posible than is that the bomb in radiodj.

example :

Oldies (music) track > play Monday till friday > 06.00 till 13.00 hours so this kind of song played only at this day and this hours.

I hope that you can follow my explanation here about it, my English writing is not very good at all. Hopefully understand the request.

shorty.xs

Hi Bert,
can't you do that already by changing rotations depending on days and hours.
You can load different rotations per day and hour with the help of events, so you just prepare One rotation for Monday til friday that will not include house music and you have a different one on Saturday evening that includes house music but plays less oldies.

Shouldn't that work for you?

Cheers
Malte

Bert van Der Meer

I haven't tried that not out yet, it is worth a try of course.  You can also do that now to create different folders and sub folders, but in handy of not have dubble files and everything in 1 folder is easer to see what nummbers do you have on the harddisc.  I know that different kind of ideas about this, but i think about that this is easier to handle than creating folders and sub folders.
Yeah there are more paths than what i'm saying so I am very curious what you guys think about this and of course Marius.

8)

Marius

Honestly, it's a good idea, but too hard to implement it for near future.
Using rotation based on your genre/subcategories gives you almost the same power.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Bert van Der Meer

Marius I am already happy with it and the answer I had been expecting. My approach is therefore to the negotiable. illusions that it should be made not necessarily I have total.
I now that it is not easy to do if it was than can everbody build a program as radiodj, what i said in the other threat that pc-radio us working like that and that program coast alot of money and that is not while its whritten in one day, there version is now version 6 and the first one was in Dos build. 15 years a go.

No i am glad with with this answer and happy that you understood my thinking about this.

:ok:

shorty.xs

Hi Marius,
do you think it is possible to assign multiple Subcategory and genre to the same File?

This could be a handy way to get the playlists/ rotations tuned a bit more smooth, without the need of keeping files double.

Cheers
Malte

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: shorty.xs on December 04, 2012, 12:47:21 PM
Hi Marius,
do you think it is possible to assign multiple Subcategory and genre to the same File?

This could be a handy way to get the playlists/ rotations tuned a bit more smooth, without the need of keeping files double.

Cheers
Malte

I'm Pretty sure you can do this from within the Tracks Manager

shorty.xs

Just checked, I can't find it yet. Can you point me to the right dialog box?
In the file management it only says "change" Genre and I can choose only one above.

garybaldy72uk

Change the Genre of the track you want to change then move that track into the sub category you want it in.

shorty.xs

Yes of course, but how to assign multiple subcategory and genre to a single track?
The way you describe I can change it, but can not assign more than one to one track.

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: shorty.xs on December 04, 2012, 01:13:13 PM
Yes of course, but how to assign multiple subcategory and genre to a single track?
The way you describe I can change it, but can not assign more than one to one track.

I Misunderstood you

Although why would you need the same song in different Subcategories?? 

shorty.xs

We do sort files in subcategory by decades, such asOldies, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, Current (2010s and later)
Than I want some of thes files to be in my Hot-Rotation and Semi-Hot-Rotation. Most of them are in the "Current" category.

So I would create another Subcategory for these rotations. This doesn't have to be only top40 hits, we pick a few older songs and throw them into the hot-rotation for a week or so. So I assign hot-rotation category additionally to the decade. Once I want to change it back I just delete the hot-rotation category.

This makes the station sound more mixed and not straight following any of the known formats. Feedback is great on this, if suddenly a 50s Rock'n Roll hit is on hot-rotation, or one of these forgotten 80s songs, you can hear nowhere else.