Author Topic: [PLUGIN] DSP Host  (Read 4488 times)

garybaldy72uk

[PLUGIN] DSP Host
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
: I'm working on a Winamp DSP host plugin for RadioDJ !

+1

That sounds like a good idea i have a few old DSP plugins that i would like to use again.

stevo87

• Station Guru
Re: [PLUGIN] DSP Host
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
Thank you Marius. The PluginInterface source code is a good documentation  ! ;)
For people familiar with / preferring C#, here is the source code of my WebBrowser plugin.

EDIT: I'm working on a Winamp DSP host plugin for RadioDJ !

Not meaning to be off topic but do I spot a piece of software for processing there? It looks nice, whats it called?

SnowHow

• Personal Text
    A-1 Radio - The Variety Channel
    • A-1 Radio - The Variety Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »

EDIT: I'm working on a Winamp DSP host plugin for RadioDJ !

Hey! You stole my idea! LOL  :D

I was just thinking about that very same thing yesterday. I had found some code on CodeProject and had made a note to myself to see if it could be used for that or not. I've also made a form For A******t to go into Zone 2, it just needs to be coded now. It could take a while tho'....

J-

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
Maybe you should take a look at BASS_WADSP
An extension enabling the use of Winamp DSP plugins with BASS. C/C++, Delphi, and Visual Basic APIs are included.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Dalichisan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
The plugin seems stable and not buggy now. I use BASS_WADSP, and it seems that it doesn't support DSP's which implement Winamp 5.5+ API. (SHOUTcast DSP in my case)
I'll try Edcast and some encoder respective DSP's

@stevo87: The DSP in the screenshot is Stereo Tool (http://www.stereotool.com). Really good sound processor !

SnowHow

• Personal Text
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
I'll try Edcast and some encoder respective DSP's

I have the A******t 1.1 for Winamp that I haven't released yet. You are welcome to a copy for testing if you like. Be aware though that It was locking up 1.5.8 after about 45 minutes. My theory was that it has something to do with the way it calls bass.dll. The Shoutcast 1.9.0 was the only one I could get to work properly in 1.5.8.

J-

Dalichisan

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »
I have the A******t 1.1 for Winamp that I haven't released yet. You are welcome to a copy for testing if you like. Be aware though that It was locking up 1.5.8 after about 45 minutes. My theory was that it has something to do with the way it calls bass.dll. The Shoutcast 1.9.0 was the only one I could get to work properly in 1.5.8.

J-

I'd like to ! I tested the some encoder version available on the website in my Winamp host. Unfortunately, it crashes after some time encoding.

SnowHow

• Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
I'd like to ! I tested the some encoder version available on the website in my Winamp host. Unfortunately, it crashes after some time encoding.

Yeah, that's what I ran into also. The 1.1 has a patch for multi-cpu machines that seemed to help, but didn't fix it, at least on mine. I was thinking about dropping bass.dll entirely for a dsound wrapper that looks promising, but life keeps getting in the way.  ::)

I'll upload it to my server and PM you the link.

J-

Edit-

PM sent

Dalichisan

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »
The first release of the DSP host is available on the forum: http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=2830.0
I think this topic can be closed or locked.