• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

[Plugin] Winamp DSP Host

Started by Dalichisan, December 04, 2012, 07:38:37 PM

stevo87

Perhaps if you could program it to stagger the launch of the DSP plugins so they arent all starting up at once?

JoshTheRadioDude

Quote from: SnowHow on December 05, 2012, 11:54:37 PM
If you use the stacker, DO NOT USE THE SOUNDSOLUTIONS PLUGIN!! It works fine while RDJ is running, but if you stop RDJ whether you've disconnected from your server or not the CPU pegs at 100% eventually locking up the PC if you can't kill it fast enough. Stereotool works great!

J-
There's an easy way to fix that problem.  Just put a DC noise generator before Sound Solution in the stacker, then inject just enough noise in the chain to keep the audio above the lockup point.  It's a Sound Solution issue, one that never got resolved, but that fixes it.  You won't notice any difference in audio quality or any audible noise.  I've got one that's actually a VST plugin running in a Winamp DSP VST host specifically for that purpose and it works like a dream.
"Jimmy James will hereafter, and for the purposes of this contract only, be referred to as 'God.'"
-- the Act of God clause in Bill McNeal's employment contract with WNYX

SnowHow

Quote from: JoshTheRadioDude on December 07, 2012, 02:43:58 AM
There's an easy way to fix that problem.  Just put a DC noise generator before Sound Solution in the stacker, then inject just enough noise in the chain to keep the audio above the lockup point.  It's a Sound Solution issue, one that never got resolved, but that fixes it. You won't notice any difference in audio quality or any audible noise.  I've got one that's actually a VST plugin running in a Winamp DSP VST host specifically for that purpose and it works like a dream.

Well, well, well - Learn something new every day....

Thanks!  :)

J-

Dalichisan

I'm implementing native multi DSP support !
I'll release the source code along with this new version.

704djs

Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

garybaldy72uk

Bass_wadsp.dll causes RDJ to hang in beta 7

Marius

Build 7 has been updated with the latest version of bass.net.
Dalichisan should re-compile the dsp host plugin and it should work.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

SnowHow

Quote from: Marius on December 16, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
Build 7 has been updated with the latest version of bass.net.
Dalichisan should re-compile the dsp host plugin and it should work.

I'm glad you said so - I need to update as well....

J-

704djs

i will check it out on air doing the carolina panter football game with the beta 6
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

SnowHow

I updated to the new bass.net and it broke everything! All the calls to the bass add-ons are broken.  :(

J-

EDIT-

Restarted the computer and all is well. That was weird....   :P

J-

SnowHow

Quote from: bogointeractive on December 16, 2012, 11:53:27 PM
So where is the DSP plugin? I would like to add this into my setup but what do I need to do to get it???

New topic - it's here.

J-

Dalichisan

I got back to work on the plugin. I'll release the new version this week-end, with DSP stacking and Beta 7 support.

Dalichisan

Hello everyone,
Finishing the new version takes me more time than expected (studies and other projects), so here is another screenshot from the dev version of the plugin.
As I said earlier, this new release will be open-sourced, and the source code will be available on Github. For now, I didn't choosed which license to use.

[attachment deleted by admin]

omega1

Hi all, new to Radio DJ, I need to use the DSP plugin, but I feel embarrassed to say that I can't even follow the most basic of instructions!  :(

In the original post it says "Open RadioDJ and go to settings, then Plugins"
Where is 'Settings'?!

I can find Options, but no settings!

Can someone help me??

Thanks!

PhilC

Hi , Goto OPTIONS then you will see PLUGINs on the bottom left hand side .. Click that and you will see the PLUGINS menu Settings is in there :)