• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Encoder Plugin v1.3 for RDJ

Started by SnowHow, December 21, 2012, 07:56:21 AM

SnowHow

I finally have one ready! I now have a plugin that nests inside RadioDJ itself and you can put it in any zone you want (see attached screenshots).  :ok:

First, I must give due credit:

If it wasn't for Marius' help there is no telling how long this would have taken. I was hopelessly stuck and asked for his help, and he did. Between what he had and what I had, I was able to put together an awesome encoder and for that I give my deepest thanks.  :angel:

In the interest of time, I concentrated on the main three that are used: Lame, AAC and Ogg, so obviously both SHOUTcast and IceCast are supported.

Technical Stuff:

Lame

You have the usual performance that you are used to. I had tried to tweak lame before, but there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room with it so I really didn't spend too much time on it. I got it working and moved on.

AAC

If you broadcast in AAC, you are going to love this plugin. I spent SIX SOLID HOURS tweaking it. I have it tweaked to the point where you can stream as low as 32Kbps and have an almost CD quality sound. I'm very happy with the results. I have a test stream going here at 32Kbps and you would swear you were listening to a 128Kbps mp3 stream. It's that good.

If you are wondering about FH AAC, I have the code for that, but couldn't quite get it to behave. That is going to take a little more time and will be in a subsequent release.

Ogg Vorbis

I got this to sound pretty good actually. Be aware that if you want to stream in Ogg, it uses a lot of CPU. It's not a bug, it's the way it's coded. I have it set to stream in constant bit rate and it's having to work harder to do that, hence the higher CPU usage. I will implement the quality settings for VBR in a subsequent release.

Installation:

I have put together two installers - One for Build 6 and earlier, the other for Build 7 which is denoted by "V7" at the end of the file name. The installers deposit the Plugin_Encoder.dll file and it's xml into your main RDJ directory and creates a subfolder "encoders" and installs them. Restart RDJ for it to detect new plugin. The files are too large to attach, so there is a download link in the attached zip files.

Creating an encoder:

Just click the green plus sign (+). Fill in the information and click "Save Stream". You can even give each encoder you add a custom name to keep track of which is which. A total listener count is displayed in the bottom right and you have a separate count on each individual encoder.

Note:
If you stream in Ogg Vorbis, you must put the .ogg extension in the mount field - i.e. /listen.ogg - or it won't work.

Future Plans:

I hope to have Opus coded into in the next release and as mentioned work will begin on FH AAC. I will consider WMA if enough people want it, but as far as I know, that format isn't very popular and not used.

Enjoy!  ;D

J-

EDIT 12-27-12

Updated to V1.1

* Configuration window redesigned with tabbed interface to make things less confusing
* Reconnect Seconds field has been added. The default is 30 seconds, but you can enter any number you like.

Two Installers have been created and are available in the download links in the attached files.
* EncoderPlugin1.1v6.zip - Link for Build 6 and earlier
* EncoderPlugin1.1.zip - Link for Build 7 and newer.
* If you have already installed 1.0, you can use the attached Plugin_Encoder_v1.1.zip to replace the plugin in your main RDJ directory.

Note on upgrading: Because I added a new reconnect box, the configuration table changed. You will need to delete the Plugin_Encoders_List.xml file and recreate your encoders.

J-

Update 12-29-12

Fixed Shoutcast stream url bug where station url wasn't showing on shoutcast server

Added Plugin_Encoder1.1V6.zip for Build 6 and earlier. Since Build 8 is doing so well, this will be the last of the Build 6 and earlier updates.

J-

Update 4-10-13

Updated to work with RDJ 1.6.2.6

In the interest of time, I'm adding the dll files. I will update the installers a little later

Plugin_Encoder.VB.1.2.zip - is the Visual Basic version

Plugin_Encoder.CS.1.2.zip - is the C Sharp version

Plugin_Encoder.xml.zip - The required XML file I forgot to add...   ::)

J-

Update 4-11-13

Added installer. Download attached EncoderPlugin1.2.zip and click the download link in the .htm file

Update 4-20-13

Recompiled everything to work with RDJ 1.6.2.7
(I remembered to add the XML this time...  :hihi: )

Plugin_Encoder.1.3.VB.zip - Visual Basic version

Plugin_Encoder.1.3.CS.zip - C Sharp Version

EncoderPlugin1.3.zip - Installer

704djs

i'm installing it now will give you feed back after running for 2 to 4 hour you can check the feed @ http://hot1079.net if you care to

[attachment deleted by admin]
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

704djs

o i for got thx for your time and hard work and also thank you for donating to RadioDJ project

garybaldy72uk

Ran the installer pointed it at the folder containing RDJ as i don't have it in program files. Ran RDJ there is no encoding plugin listed using version 7

704djs

i didnt look for it gary it just came up after i point to the folder and it Ran like a champ.

i down load off the link and follow the info given and it created it's own folder and i open beta 7 up and it was in the 4 bank/slot and i move to the 3 slot/bank as you seen in the pix, 

garybaldy72uk

Got it now i think it decided it wanted to install it to another folder called RadioDJ inside the program folder.

704djs

Vanlen

Thanks so much Snowhow for all of your effort working with Marius and creating this encoder to bring RadioDJ to an  incredible new level.

Thanks Santa  :-*

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: Vanlen on December 21, 2012, 12:22:15 PM
Thanks so much Snowhow for all of your effort working with Marius and creating this encoder to bring RadioDJ to an  incredible new level.

Cheers

+1

Quoteyou got it running now good

Yep thankfully Its been streaming quite happily for over 2 hours now not had the  Old Buffering problem either so that's good .... Now just to get my local Icecast server to play nicely!

Yvette - Hitz24

That's a really perfect developement, SnowHow!

Any chance that you make a version for the up and running RadioDJ versions?, like 1.6.0. ?

That would be great...as many users (like me) want to wait for the final version and in the meantime keep on using the current version of RadioDJ?

Yvette
Streaming Hit Music

garybaldy72uk

QuoteAny chance that you make a version for the up and running RadioDJ versions?, like 1.6.0. ?

He wouldn't be able to make a version for 1.6.0 as that doesn't have the plugin interface like 1.6.1 beta does. You would have to use some encoder standalone with 1.6.0 .

SnowHow

Quote from: bogointeractive on December 21, 2012, 02:20:44 PM
Working Great here, but seems that it does not show the listeners with Shoutcast v2 at all. Is that something you can fix?

I'll be honest - I totally forgot about SC v2. I'll see what I can do with the next version. :)

Quote from: Vanlen on December 21, 2012, 12:22:15 PM

Cheers

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!  ;D

J-

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: bogointeractive on December 21, 2012, 03:48:45 PM
Now if I can figure how to dump the DSP host and the like since I no longer need it. But yah shoutcast v2 is all I run here. If I could see the listeners it would help.

Close RDJ .... Delete the DSP Plugin folder if you don't need the DSP function .... and restart RDJ

704djs

Ay Snow How is where the zero @  DOWN by play button  suppose to show how many is on line

shaunwa

When i try to download all i get is a zip file with a htm file.