• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Sample code?

Started by ThatDaveCarter, June 29, 2013, 11:55:14 PM

ThatDaveCarter

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in developing a small plugin for a radio station I'm working with. It's nothing big, but it's something I'd like to try.

With the SDK documentation being written/not ready etc, I was just wondering if there was any sample code someone could share to get me started. I'll be working in C#.

Mainly, I'm looking to latch on to the TrackChanged event and do something with the SongData class. The plugin isn't visual, I just want it to sit there in the background waiting for the event.

Any samples whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

SnowHow

Sure!

Here is Plugin_Winamp written in C #. It demonstrates load language, now playing data and track changed (class file). I updated it to work in the current beta (1.6.4.1). You will need to put the language file in the English folder in the archive into the English folder in RadioDJ for everything to display properly. Also, there is a compiled dll in a zip file in the release folder that includes the xml file needed to go into the root directory of RDJ.

Hope this helps. :)

J-

EDIT 7-26-14

I have updated Plugin_Winamp and the previous incarnation of the DSPhost to work with RDJ 1.7.0+.

Updated Plugin_Winamp here (C#).

Updated Plugin_DSPhost here (VB.Net)

and Plugin_DSPhostCS here (C#)

ThatDaveCarter

Wow, this is an excellent help, thank you so much!

Time to get to work :)

Dave

nadav levy

Hi SnowHow

Any chance to get the latest C# code for this?
The old one doesn't sem to be loaded by RDJ

thanks

SnowHow

Quote from: nadav levy on July 25, 2014, 06:55:55 AM
Hi SnowHow

Any chance to get the latest C# code for this?
The old one doesn't sem to be loaded by RDJ

thanks

Hi.

I'm away from the computer right now (gotta love smartphones ) so I will update it and post in the next 24hrs.

J-

SnowHow

Quote from: SnowHow on July 25, 2014, 03:37:44 PM
Hi.

I'm away from the computer right now (gotta love smartphones ) so I will update it and post in the next 24hrs.

J-

Updated links are above.

I am also releasing the previous version of DSP host 1.x source codes. There is both a VB.Net and C# version.

Happy programming! :)

J-

nadav levy

Oh so many thanks.
I envy you people who can do this on your own  :)
Nadav