• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

[PLUGIN] Requests

Started by Marius, July 10, 2013, 10:28:01 PM

rogiermaas

I too run into some problems with Auto-add: when auto-adding and we're in the middle of the TOTH, it sometimes happens that requests are inserted in between the teaser-segments, commercials or the news. In this case, Disable Auto-Add and Enable Auto-Add can come in handy.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

rogiermaas

Not really a bug imho, but something that is forgotten: when viewing the history of Requests, the Message isn't displayed in the area below. So when the track is added to the queue and the DJ wants to read the message, he can't!

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

wiztstar

How does the Requests plugin work? Can listeners requests songs online that will automatically be added to the playlist?

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: wiztstar on July 27, 2014, 05:21:48 PM
How does the Requests plugin work? Can listeners requests songs online that will automatically be added to the playlist?
You must use web scripts or RadioDJ WordPress plugin to allow users to pace requests from website.

joshuatree44

I wonder if in future versions that when a user fills the form out that we could include an automatic email field to email them back letting them know that you played their song. This is just a thought. Provides that bit more interaction with listeners. I know that people will make up false info but at least we could try it right?

Marius

While it sound like a nice idea, i see two problems:
1. Most people simply avoid putting their mail addresses on any site
2. I'm not sure that in those 3-4 minutes while the track plays, the user will receive the mail, read it and listen your station. Most mail clients are checking the server for new mails at 10-15 minutes intervals. A sms would be quicker, but more complicated...

But if you really want to have this option, you can implement it in the web page script, because it has nothing to do with the program itself. You simply insert the mail address and the track ID to a table and when that track ID is playing, you send a mail from php to that mail address.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jhonny

Quote from: joshuatree44 on July 29, 2014, 03:41:18 PM
I wonder if in future versions that when a user fills the form out that we could include an automatic email field to email them back letting them know that you played their song. This is just a thought. Provides that bit more interaction with listeners. I know that people will make up false info but at least we could try it right?

Do you want this to become a required field, and if it is not filled in a warning comes?

grtz.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

DJ Garybaldy

I see a third problem with it. Most users won't want to be spammed just for making a request on a website.

Bad idea!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Jhonny

Two good points, but it is possible.

grtz.

Ps. It would be like a free field to the question of whether they want to be Warned when it is played.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

joshuatree44

Johnny that is what I was thinking. Make it a optional checkmark or something of the sort. Then when it is checked then they enter email. I think they wont mind that. I dont see any reason why it would be spam. They took the time to fill out the form. Yes SMS would be faster but when you have listeners all over the world, eh no so much. I think a quick blurb to them in an email saying hey your song is coming up and bingo bango. I dont think it is asking to much since they again took the time to come to the website and fill out the info.

Jhonny

What I think is that only port 25 must be open on the server and a smtp script has to be made to send  the message to the email address that the song is played or will bi played.

But if you use the tcp-ip commands it's not working (it use the port 25).

grtz.

PS. Your question is just Website, Programming and related.

joshuatree44

I think you could use sendmail or something like that. I think there has to be a way to do it. I know that it will require a valid email to send to them as well but that is not the pure point here. I know in wordpress and the like you have some plugins that will auto report the IP and email and the like to you and or to what ever email address you wish it to. Then you could use that email to send them a report. but again it has to be valid.

Jhonny

Well we're here of topic, but there must also be a process of the email address is correct.

grtz.

Ps. please go to Website, Programming and related. for this request (it has nothing to do with Plugin Development).

joshuatree44

I disagree with us being off topic. I think it would be just a nice feature that could be added into the plugin. I would think it is not hard to put in a couple of inputs for it.

Jhonny

Oke, but wi are off topic, go to email field in request script, because the contact with the listeners passes through a web script.

grtz.

Ps. Marius will not build it in i think.