RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

RadioDJ v1.6.4.8 Released!

Offline Vanlen

• Music for your senses
Re: RadioDJ v1.6.4.8 Released!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
Love the Manual Events in this release with total time of all enclosed items.  A treat :cool:
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »
A 24 hour rotation used to be fairly common. At a FM station I worked at. We had a 24 hour clock created hour by hour. We created a 24 hour playlist for each day. We could create daily playlists including events for a week or month in advance and walk away.
If adjustments needed to be made to a playlist, they could be pulled up and made on the fly.

Re: RadioDJ v1.6.4.8 Released! / long rotation fails.
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Thanks for the tips.

In v0.1.6.0 we are using for production, a 24hr rotation works fine, it takes about 2 minute to generate the full 24 hour rotation, which we can easily edit on the fly.

So, PC resources are not a problem, radiodj handles this perfectly.

In this latest version, generating a long playlist seems much faster and the version overall is much more user friendly.

BUT, for some reason a limit is hit that stops the longer playlist being generated and leaves us with about 11hrs so that is a huge drop in playlist length when the earlier versions produced +24hrs.

Marius, is there a timeout for the playlist generation?

Certainly something has changed.

A few people have recognized that a 24hr playlist is normal in some radio stations and this would seem to be an important capability of your software.

It certainly is for us, and is sorely missed in your new version which has so many huge improvements.

Best
Matthew

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Hi Matthew,

I read again your message and maybe i didn't understood it well in first place. You are using the playlist builder to generate a 24h playlist from a rotation, or do you have a single rotation with about 500 entries (one for each song) and the rotation is generated by autodj on the fly?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
When importing directories I keep getting the error message  A generic error occurred in GDI+      I am running windows 8
www.holidayamericaradio.com

Offline bazclack

• Witney Radio - It's YOUR Local Radio
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 09:13:48 PM »
When importing directories I keep getting the error message  A generic error occurred in GDI+      I am running windows 8

We fixed ours by specifying a specific folder for album art. Sorted the problem out asap!
Witney Radio 99.9FM, 105.3FM & 107.4FM & online @ www.witney.radio

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
how did you get all the art into that folder?

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
I disabled the artwork button and its working just fine now.  Thanks for pointing me in right direction.

Offline Jhonny

• Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »
how did you get all the art into that folder?

Often there is a album photo incorporated in the ID3Tag.

Marius has rdj so programmed that such picture is collected from the ID3Tag and put in the albumart forder of RDJ.

so if you indicate that you want that you should specify where that folder is.

grtz.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »
Got some news about the playlist builder. As Matthew pointed, very large playlists generated from rotation could be not achieved, so i look into the code and i found the cause. The only minor thing will be that the songs table will have to be updated since i added 2 more columns for temporary data.

The great news is that doing this i could implement track/artist separation for music type files also in playlist builder. I generated a 24 hours playlist with only a few jingles to see if at some point jingles will be dropped, but it worked as it should.

A little more patience to finish all the changes i started and i will publish the new version.  ;)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
Brilliant! :D