• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v.1.6.4.9 Released!

Started by Marius, September 28, 2013, 05:52:14 PM

Marius

Changes List:

- Improved resources usage when searching tracks on search plugin;
- Added album search option in plugin search (optional in plugin option) [NEW];
- Added custom column displaying in plugin search [NEW];
- Fixed bug which allowed sweepers to be played even if the start/end date should disable them;
- Improved artist/track separation algorithm;

HOW TO UPDATE?

DO A DATABASE BACKUP FIRST!

METHOD 1

1. Replace all your plugins (.dll files) with the new ones
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one
4. From the English language folder copy "Track List Fields.xml" to your language folder
5. Open "Database Setup.exe" located in Setup folder, select "Database Utils" tab and press "Select Update File" and choose "update to 1.6.4.9.sql" to update. [VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOUT APPLYING UPDATES]

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml).
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them.
4. Open "Database Setup.exe" located in Setup folder, select "Database Utils" tab and press "Select Update File" and choose "update to 1.6.4.9.sql" to update. [VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOUT APPLYING UPDATES]

The update process is VERY important and running RadioDJ without it will lead to errors.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Tman

Yeah wow like this great update

- Added album search option in plugin search (optional in plugin option) [NEW];  :cool:

I have updated with option number 2 and that this went without a hitch.
First the good instruction video views and your explanation well read on this threat.

Working like a charm!

Life is what you make it

Marius

Thanks for the feedback Tman. I'm glad that it worked.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Tman

I do not know if I missed something in one of the previous versions but in the now playing info I can not change password?

http://www.freebits.nl/images/764cant_change_me.png
Life is what you make it

Tman

sorry my mistake, I have already found how this is possible  :angel:
Life is what you make it

SnowHow

nemoradio

Hi Marius !
Thanks for this update !Still have the same problem moving down tracks to an empty slot in the playlist  :-[
www.nemoradio.fr

Marius

Hi nemoradio, i was sure that it worked, but it seems that you're right. I trying to fix it today.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

neverever

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug in this new version, but I'm not able to add new songs without loosing existing songs... I'm using the "Options / Directory Import" option. After a first scan of all (sub)directories (named as genres) I tried to rescan only the "dance" folder because of new added files. Now it scanned the whole "dance" directory again (instead of only incremential) what takes ages again. Furthermore it replaces the whole song DB with only the "dance" songs  :(

Marius

I tried to re-import a folder and nothing strange happened. Maybe you checked the "Clear Subcategory" box on import?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

neverever

Ok, I'll check that! If you re-import a folder it is flying over the already existing files, right? So it takes not a long time to do it?

I think the next one, I have noticed is really a bug: In our rotation after every 5th song there is a jingle scheduled to play. But the jingle is getting queued sometimes correct (after 5 songs), but often also after 3 and then after 6 songs. We're using always the same jingle (1 file, 3 seconds) Are you able to reproduce that issue?

Btw: Could you check my user "neverever" in the bug tracker tool? I was able to register but it's not possible to login now. I've never received an activation e-mail or something like that...

Marius

You may have less tracks, if a category doesn't contains enough tracks to sustain your artist/track separation interval.
More tracks, i don't see how is that possible.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

neverever

Please find our rotation setup attached... Jingles do not have "Repeat Rules", so it does not matter that we use the same file every time, shouldn't it? Please let me know if I should create a separate thread for this...

neverever

sorry... missed the attachment  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

Looking to your rotation, you have 6 songs between the jingle, so your maximum is normal, not 5 like you've mentioned.
When the jingle is added sooner, like i already wrote, entries from your rotation are skipped. You have to make sure that you have enough tracks and artists for each entry in your rotation to sustain the value you've set in rdj options under track/artist repeat interval.
It's definitively not a bug! To see that i'm right, enable the error log and check the windows error logs and you will see that you have rotation items skipped.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------