• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

[PLUGIN] MIDI Controller

Started by Marius, October 08, 2013, 06:54:46 AM

Marius

From RadioDJ v1.6.5.0 a new plugin comes in the package: Plugin MIDI Controller.
This plugin allows you to assign actions (like play/stop/cart play etc) to your midi controller buttons.

To configure it, go to RadioDJ-Options-Plugins-Midi Controller Plugin and press Settings button.

1. Select your midi device.

2. Double click on any action you want to assign from the list, press a button on your midi device. In the red field you will see a number on each press. That's the button code that is received from your midi controller. Press save button to save your choice.

3. If a button is already assigned, you will be notified and if you will still assign it, that button will be cleared from the previous action.

4. Depending by your midi device options, you may want to disable "NOTE REPEAT" if it has one, or the button will send the action as long it is pressed making it unusable.

Last night i tried to make dynamic plugin actions, so for example if you have 10 auxiliary players, you will have actions for each player. I will do the same with the carts plugin, so you will be able to use all carts buttons, not only 1-10.

[attachment deleted by admin]
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

nemoradio

Wow ! just received my Akai LPD8 and it rocks !!!!!!!!!!!! I's so happy ! Thanks Marius ! :ok:
www.nemoradio.fr

704djs

Quote from: nemoradio on November 06, 2013, 09:32:15 PM
Wow ! just received my Akai LPD8 and it rocks !!!!!!!!!!!! I's so happy ! Thanks Marius ! :ok:

congrad :cool:
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

StevenRoyal

stevo87

It's in the disabled plugins folder of your radio dj

ryanrofft

When I press a button the action happens twice. For example, if I press a button to play the next track, it will play the next track and then the track after that as soon as the button is pressed. How can I stop the action happening twice and make it happen once when a button is pressed?

Marius

What controller do you have? Some controllers have the option to send to command as long as you keep the button pressed and if the tempo is set really high, it happens really fast. For example on Akai MPD series there is a button called note repeat for this.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

AFM_Tech

The MIDI Controller works together my ION DJ2Go (= Numark DJ2Go). The buttons do not light up like in Virtual DJ, so at first I thought it didn't work. But I can start and pause the playlist in RadioDJ with the play and cue buttons of Deck A of the console. And that's cool, thank you! :ok:
JammFM - Smooth & Funky 104.9 | Amsterdam FM

Marius

In order to work the lights, i must implement the midi out, but for now i don't have enough time.
It will be implemented at some point.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

ryanrofft

My controller is the Numark IDJ3. It doesn't have a button like the note repeat. Like you said when the button is held down it sends the command but when the button is released it send another so if the button is just pressed it will send 2 commands. Is there a way so when the button is pressed it only sends 1 command because I don't want to keep my finger held on a button whilst the song is playing?

Marius

What version of rdj and midi plugin are you using? I ask this because i also had this problem and at a point i added a filter for midi key released and it shouldn't be triggered anymore.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

gert-jan221

Marius,

Can you make a update with the plugin to also read HID?
I have some HID controllers wich I want to use with RDJ. ;)

Greetz,
Gert-Jan
Energy in music! NRG Radio.

SmileX

Is there by any chance looking @ the near future an update available for this on midi panels so you can assing the buttons and light ?

nemoradio

Quote from: SmileX on February 28, 2015, 11:17:19 AM
Is there by any chance looking @ the near future an update available for this on midi panels so you can assing the buttons and light ?
Yep ! it would be soooo great ! :D
www.nemoradio.fr

SmileX

I hope this gets any new input, if you need any help marius i would like to help you with this if i can :)