• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

AAC (.M4A) format support

Started by fatguyinalittlecoat, November 08, 2013, 09:37:59 PM

fatguyinalittlecoat

Hi.
I am using 1.6.5.2 and have tried both to play existing .m4a files and import new ones. Neither works. Are these types of files not supported anymore? Thanks.

Farquarh

I noticed this as well when "requested" songs did not play. It turned out that all the songs were m4a format. I've begun converting my entire library to mp3 which is a pain. :'(

Marius

If i publish the program with AAC support i must sell my house in order to pay the license, even if the program is free.
The license fee applies to any software implementation that supports that format.

I was contacted by their representative a few months ago and i was kindly asked to pay the license, or to remove the plugin for that format, and this was the logic choice from my point of view.

Remember that rdj it uses un4seen bass, which has their own site with many add-ins...
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

fatguyinalittlecoat

Totally get it. Thanks and keep up the good work.

sonny81

Quote from: Farquarh on November 09, 2013, 08:24:05 PM
I noticed this as well when "requested" songs did not play. It turned out that all the songs were m4a format. I've begun converting my entire library to mp3 which is a pain. :'(

I noticed this too.. Makes for a long day to convert everything.