RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

RadioDJ v.1.6.5.3 Released!

Offline zemits06

• Music is my Life !!!
    • Riga Radio 94,5 FM
Re: RadioDJ v.1.6.5.3 Released!
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
Hello ! Just updated to latest RDJ. I don`t know why it`s happening, but rdj ignores artist separation again. As you can see in this link. Artist separation is 60 min for my setup, but as you can see it plays the same artist after ~20 min. http://s24.postimg.org/50zzyaoc5/song_list.jpg
Renars Zemits
Listen to easy listening music 24/7
www.rigaradio.lv
Riga,Latvia 94,5 FM

Offline Stream101

• Streaming Expert
    • Stream101
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »
RDJ is ignoring my no track repeat rule. The rule is dont play the artist for 4 hours, so almost EXACTLY 4 hours later, it is playing the SAME song.

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
This is a real problem and i cannot find the cause.
On my test machine rdj is playing from more than a week and i cannot see these kind of problems, but i may miss something that triggers this behavior.

In your error logs, don't you have some category reset errors?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Offline Stream101

• Streaming Expert
    • Stream101
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:23 PM »
I get an error about every 6 hours saying there is no tracks added, subcategory #4. How do I figure out what this is in reference to?

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
Open database setup utility and in "RUN SQL QUERY" tab paste this:
Code: [Select]
SELECT NAME FROM SUBCATEGORY WHERE ID=4;And then press "RUN QUERY" button. It will display the name of the subcategory. I have the feeling that the repeating tracks are from that subcategory...

Tell me if i'm wrong.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Offline Stream101

• Streaming Expert
    • Stream101
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2013, 06:47:34 PM »
Well...the subcategory is just called Music. But beyond that, I have genres. I would've thought with several hundred tracks I'd have enough tracks for my rotation rules. I guess not.

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
It would be helpful some kind of rotation simulator to check if the value used for separation can be backed up by the available tracks. I will make some tests to see if it can be done easily.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Offline Dragos

• Radio addict
    • Play Radio - Ritmul Anilor Tai
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:41 AM »
I was setting up some things and noticed something very odd. RDJ surprisingly inserted in the playlist a song that is not in the night rotation. I double checked if the night rotation was active (I know it was... I listened to the station until now) and saw that in the rotation window... the day rotation even though from 9 PM it inserted songs from the night rotation like it was supposed to. The strange thing is that RDJ simply inserted a song from the Xmas category in the night rotation when it's supposed to play only dance and electronic music. When I entered on VNC to see the playlist the next songs were all from the night rotation. This never happened before.

Also if in the rotation I insert Jingles category where I have only 5 files and leave unchecked the rule box, after a few songs RDJ simply doesn't load jingles anymore. These bugs are serios. They never ever occured before in previous versions.
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
Hi Dragos, you don't have by accident an event that interferes with the playlist, or a misplaced track? I ask this because the first clause in the select is the subcategory. It has no sense to me if in the query i do a select where the subcategory id=X and it chooses from Z.

I can make public the entire rotation query if someone knows sql good enough to tell its opinion.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

RockNHardRadio

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »
yess you are the mannnnnnnnnnnn!

Can't wait to test this baby out!

Offline Dragos

• Radio addict
    • Play Radio - Ritmul Anilor Tai
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
Hi Dragos, you don't have by accident an event that interferes with the playlist, or a misplaced track? I ask this because the first clause in the select is the subcategory. It has no sense to me if in the query i do a select where the subcategory id=X and it chooses from Z.

I can make public the entire rotation query if someone knows sql good enough to tell its opinion.
I checked this and everything is at it's place. Even the rotations are fine... that's the first thing I checked. No missplaced songs, jingles or something wrong in the rotations. I simply don't know how RDJ picked that track and played it. It all happened sice we introduced xmas songs and jingles in the playlist. Since then RDJ does things like this from time to time, and that jingle bug I reported in the previous post. For that I had to change the policy to random even though the checkbox next to them is unchecked.
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.