• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.5 Released!

Started by Marius, December 09, 2013, 07:05:11 PM

nitram78

Quote from: Marius on December 09, 2013, 07:05:11 PM
- Added sweeper/voicetrack play position for playlist. S=start, I=intro, E=end [NEW];

Thanks Marius!  :cool:

kriske

Voicetracking in the mainplayer by selecting "intro" and than add works good, but voicetracking doesn't work with selecting "start" or "end".

SnowHow

Quote from: KingsbridgeRadio on December 10, 2013, 12:25:10 PM
NOTICE: RadioDJ Watchdog detected silence and triggered the next track from the playlist. Player Track: E:\Music\jingles\Classic kbridge\Kingsbridge radio - Kingsbridge radio classic 8.mp3
This message is back in the error logs. I've checked the cue points on the jingle concerned and the next start and end point are exactly where they need to be.

Everything is crossfading as it should do. I'm using the fixed version of 1.6.5.5

Well this is strange...

On my development computer (XP Pro SP2) RDJ runs perfect - no errors whatsoever.

When I copy it over to to the production server (Server 2003 Enterprise SP2) the Watchdog error appears in the logs. Both machines are exactly the same: MySQL 5.5.24, same database (copied over from development computer), same directory structure, files, everything. It seems to me that if this were a true "bug" it would be happening on BOTH machines, yet it doesn't.

Beyond the OS environment, the only other difference is CPU, development = 1, server = 2. Unless the memory usage of the background processes on the server are causing some sort of lag that is causing RDJ to "think" it detects silence - OR - some sort of threading issue relative to dual processors, I'm at a loss. As best I can tell, there's no logical reason why RDJ should be throwing an error on the server and not the development computer as well....

I do recall, however, that Dot Net behaves differently on Server2k3 than XP. There could be an underlying issue in this regard that varies from one OS to another. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

J-

DJ Garybaldy

I'm running RDJ on Windows 7 2GB ram so memory isn't an issue. it's not using a great deal of CPU either.

Just had a crack at running it on server 2012 and the error message doesn't appear in the event log. 

It's a strange one!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

chrismadog

Hi Marius,

I'm running Playlist in List mode.
The right side columns sometimes expand out to the right so far that it gets unusable.

I usually condense up the Sweeper/Voicetrack/Info columns to make room for the Artist & Title columns. And because I need a little extra room on panes 1 and 3 (I'm using a laptop), I sometimes also move the centre line over to the right a little.

This morning while doing the breakfast show, it expanded so far to the right that all I could see was the Play, #, and Artist columns and no way to recover except close it down and restart which I did whilst talking on the mic.

Is this a known bug ?

It has done it on the Vista laptop several times now when in use and the Win7 desktop test machine at least once. Not just the new version too... it has been happening for the past few versions but I haven't thought to mention it [Sorry!].

Regards and I gotta say it, what a great program !

Regards,
Chris

Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

FL Coast

I updated to 1.6.5.5 FIXED yesterday , and today it is ignoring the rotation rules in Auto DJ.  It is set

Don't play the same track for 360 minutes
Don't plat same artist for 240 minutes.

This has worked fine in previous versions, but today it decided to ignore the rules.  The same song played at 10:47 am and again at 11:30 am    :-[

FC

[attachment deleted by admin]
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Marius

I think that i have a clue of what's happening. Give me a day or two to make some tests. In meantime, please use prior versions.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Radiobellissima

Quote from: Marius on December 11, 2013, 08:21:36 PM
I think that i have a clue of what's happening. Give me a day or two to make some tests. In meantime, please use prior versions.

I'm staying with this version ... at the time I did not record any abnormality.
I keep you updated :ok:

kriske

This version works for me also good and no double playing.

Only a problem with start and end voicetracking, it doesn't work, that was also a problem in the previous versions.
I can only voicetrack with the intro button.

chrismadog

Referring to my message about the problem of dissappearing right sides in List mode.
<quote>It has done it on the Vista laptop several times now when in use and the Win7 desktop test machine at least once. Not just the new version too... it has been happening for the past few versions but I haven't thought to mention it [Sorry!].</quote>

I am unable to easily duplicate the problem in Windows7 but I can easily duplicate it in Vista.
I am using a Compaq Laptop, Intel dual core 2.1GHz, 2GB RAM, 750GB HDD running Vista Home Premium.

I adjusted the centre vertical division slightly to the right. Click the > to expand the playlist to full screen and then click it back again. Do that several times and the problem should be very evident. The first thing to vanish is the track delete cross and then progressively more columns vanish.

I hope that helps to make it clearer.

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

Stream101

Still getting this error:

AutoDJ didn't had enough tracks to complete the current rotation so it reset the history! Target subcategory ID is: 11

There is NO rotation rules checked for this category, this category is Jingles.

Marius

Stream101, there is a newer version which should fix this, is under beta category in download page. You can give a try if you like.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Farquarh

Running latest version(1.6.5.5 [FIXED] with new database on XP. Have problem with folder import not importing on two albums thus far. It imports 2-3 songs and says the others "Already Exist", yet they don't in Tracks Manager regardless of search method.

FL Coast

Quote from: FL Coast on December 11, 2013, 07:43:40 PM
I updated to 1.6.5.5 FIXED yesterday , and today it is ignoring the rotation rules in Auto DJ.  It is set

Don't play the same track for 360 minutes
Don't plat same artist for 240 minutes.

This has worked fine in previous versions, but today it decided to ignore the rules.  The same song played at 10:47 am and again at 11:30 am    :-[

FC

I noticed this again today, but there was only one song between the repeated song in the playlist.  While looking at that and trying to figure out Why, I noticed the songs in the History had a Duration time of 1 to 5 seconds longer than the same track in the Search window.  Not just one or two tracks, but every track I looked at.  I never had a reason to look at this before, so is this normal and has always been this way or is it part of the problem that I have all of sudden started seeing?   :-[

FC
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

linawebradio

I've installed and run vers. 1.6.5.5
Everything worked fine 'till 1.6.5.3 but now I have a rotation-problem.
My rotation is:

SONG
JINGLE
SONG
SONG
JINGLE
SONG
SONG
JINGLE

I have 5 Jingles
Rotation is set repeat-rules for songs and repeat-rules-unchecked for jingles (random mode)

AutoDJ loads corectly for the first 14 items (so it inserts songs and my 5 jingles available), then it loads only songs. It never loads any jingle at all!!
This did not happen for the previous releases and everything worked fine!
Marius, do you know this bug or it is something new at your attention?
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!