• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Auto dj options : fit sweeper / silence remover

Started by vincent, December 10, 2013, 01:51:52 PM

vincent

Hi,

In auto-dj settings, on the sweeper part, there is a checkbox named "Fit sweeper". What does this checkbox enable ?
Otherwise, in the silence remover settings, what are the levels managed in the "start threshold", "mix threshold" and "end threshold" ?

I suppose the following working process : RadioDJ will starting playing the next track if the current track has a silence using the following values :
-the current track level is below the "start threshold" at the start cue point
-the current track level is below the "mix threshold" at the mix cue point
-the current track level is below the "end threshold" at the end cue point (but does it matter here if we have already started the next track ???)

Thanks by advance for any explanation.

DJ Garybaldy

I've found if all your music is the same volume you don't really need the silence remover.

I just use the fade out with a value of 3600 and everything seems to be playing nicely.

Should you feel the need to have the silence remover on I'd recommend these settings

Start threshold -29
Mix threshold -22
End threshold -29

Hope that helps.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

vincent

Thanks for this answer. I now understand how the silence remover works properly.

Do you know the purpose of the "fit sweeper" checkbox in the "autodj" settings ?

Thanks

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: vincent on December 10, 2013, 03:59:33 PM
Thanks for this answer. I now understand how the silence remover works properly.

Do you know the purpose of the "fit sweeper" checkbox in the "autodj" settings ?

Thanks

I don't work with sweepers I tend to just use jingles and have them load via my rotations.

I'm sure there is someone who can explain that better than I could.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

vincent

Found the purpose of "Fit sweeper" : in autodj mode, if you have sweepers on a track with intro shorter than the sweeper length, the sweeper won't be played if the "Fit sweeper" option is enabled and if you selected "start" for sweeper play position in rotation rules.
Otherwise, if the option is disabled, the sweeper will be played

Example : you have a track with 5s intro, you added a 10s sweeper (in autodj rotation rules, on start position for sweeper), if "Fit sweeper" is enabled, the sweeper won't be played. If "Fit sweeper" is disabled, it will played.

Maybe this post should be added to the FAQ ?

Nitrofish

Quote from: vincent on December 10, 2013, 09:28:13 PM
Found the purpose of "Fit sweeper" : in autodj mode, if you have sweepers on a track with intro shorter than the sweeper length, the sweeper won't be played if the "Fit sweeper" option is enabled and if you selected "start" for sweeper play position in rotation rules.
Otherwise, if the option is disabled, the sweeper will be played

Example : you have a track with 5s intro, you added a 10s sweeper (in autodj rotation rules, on start position for sweeper), if "Fit sweeper" is enabled, the sweeper won't be played. If "Fit sweeper" is disabled, it will played.

Maybe this post should be added to the FAQ ?

It should be noted that if you use this method, the sweeper will play at the start of the track and ignore all cue points, which means that if the sweeper is longer than the intro of the song, it will continue playing right over any cue point.
RadioDJ v2.0.0.6 | MariaDB v10.5