• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What mixer you use in your radio station?

Started by OscarRadioPR, May 15, 2010, 08:25:38 PM

What mixer you use in your radio station?

Yamaha
Shure
Behringer
Mackie
Samson
Alesis
Radio Shack
Other

OscarRadioPR

Hi friends,

What mixer you use in your Radio Station Studio?

You can add more info of your mixer, inputs, outputs, EQs, Aux, etc.

;)
My Internet Radio Station
http://www.RetroPR.com

Marius

Even if recently i closed my internet station to have more time for other things ;D, i still use the equipment for testing and listening music (otherwise my table would be soooo empty).
I have an small Alesis mixer with some built-in effects. I'm very happy with it considering that it cost me just about $70.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

SleekMachine

Hi all,

I have a rather cheap setup, but it works and yes there is a lot of Behringer stuff in there, so Behringer bashers, you can start now...

At this moment i am using a Behringer DX1000 in my home studio. I use this studio for production and voicetrack recording. I use a Rode Procaster mic and a spare Beyer Dynamic TG-X59 mic. The Behringer Composer Pro is used for compressing and limiting these mics. An Autocom Pro (yes another Behringer) is used as compressor/limiter for the complete chain. And then there is a Behringer Virtualizer Pro as an effect on the mics. But i don't really like the sound of that one, so i think i replace it for something better as soon as i have the money.

As for music, i use Radio DJ from my pc and have some simple Sony cd-players that still do the trick.

Marius

I also use Behringer and it's working just fine for me. I use a Ultramizer Pro 1424 at the end of the chain and even if by itself it's not very aggressive like radio's stations require, it makes the sound very pleasant (even when using the output of a OptimodPC which for me it does all processing job).
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

FMPALMA

DJ_PeterPetersen

I have the great Behringer DX1000

Although i mainly use only 1 slider, the microphone :)

In combination i use the Behringer microphone B-1 connected to the Behringer VX2496 voice processor.

dodobasi

I have Behringer Eurodesk 9000 and must say that I have some boring problems with it. The main mike is also Behringer B2 which is very good and I also have a couple of C5's in my arsenal :-)

OscarRadioPR

Hi friends,

I created the topic but no add my info :P!!

I use a Behringer xenyx mixer for my home studio. It's Cool!

;)
My Internet Radio Station
http://www.RetroPR.com

Cliff

We have two small studios at our station. In the main on-air studio we use an Audioarts AIR1 8-Channel Audio Console from BSW in the United States. For our production studio we use a Behringer DX1000 7-Channel.

At home I use an old Radio Shack Realistic SSM-2100.

brotherkasey

Electrovoice RE 20 Microphone

dbx 286 Mic Processor into a Behringer AUTOCOM PRO-XL MDX1600
(I use the dbx for the preamp and the behringer for the downward expander, which I really like, plus some light compression)

Breakaway Audio Enhancer (Audio Processing Software for computer audio)

Behringer XENYX1204 Mixing Board

Gentner AP10 Digital Telephone Hybrid

Echo Mia Midi Sound Card

Sound Blaster Sound Card

Adobe Audition 1.5

Cool Edit Pro

[attachment deleted by admin]

retropr

I hate you brotherkasey! LOL You have just the mic I want!

I have:

Behringer Xenyx 1204FX mixing board

Behringer sucky XM1800S mic

Behringer Ucontrol USB Soundcard

2-Soundblaster Audigy (I don't remember the model) soundcards

Skype, and VoIP Phone for on air/off air calls

PPM Twin software to monitor level balancing

Technics HD SB-F1MK2 speakers for monitor with a Sony Amp

(Soon to buy Electrovoice RE20 mic, Presonus Bluemax Compressor, and Broadcast Tools Console Controller Auto Mic Mute Switch... and maybe an OnAir light just to be cool)

and currently using SpacialAudio Winamp Plugin for the encoders... many options simultaneously for streaming and processing audio

For recording of commercials and other non-live material I use a ZoomH4 multitrack digital recorder, excellent quality!

brotherkasey

Quote from: retropr on May 19, 2010, 02:39:52 AM
I hate you brotherkasey! LOL You have just the mic I want!

I just got this not too long ago on ebay for a steal! Got the shockmount for about half of the retail value too!

Quoteand maybe an OnAir light just to be cool

I want one too...
I was considering this one http://cgi.ebay.com/140017R-Air-Recording-Studio-Display-Light-Sign-/260603067026?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad273a92#ht_2611wt_911

retropr

Quote from: brotherkasey on May 19, 2010, 01:01:52 PM
I want one too...
I was considering this one http://cgi.ebay.com/140017R-Air-Recording-Studio-Display-Light-Sign-/260603067026?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad273a92#ht_2611wt_911

That one looks nice... I just bought the compressor along with a DIGITUBE Mic Preamp

Let me know if you see another EV RE20 for under $200... ;)

aus10hollis

Hey everyone!
At my school for broadcast class we use a Allen & Heath ZED 14 sound board. I help co-manage our high school internet station.