• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What mixer you use in your radio station?

Started by OscarRadioPR, May 15, 2010, 08:25:38 PM

What mixer you use in your radio station?

Yamaha
Shure
Behringer
Mackie
Samson
Alesis
Radio Shack
Other

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: ones on June 05, 2011, 04:47:17 PM
We use that, and it's very good.

Saw one of these second hand a while back very nearly Purchased it. wish i had now!

JsLopez

I have now an Aeq BC500 for the main mix, and a Yamaha MG16/4 for mixes and editing.

Also have a Work dual DJ CD5 and Beringher BCD 3000 for live shows.

Marc

I use the Allen & Heath ZED14

Gcrfm Radio

we use a 24 ch sonifex s2     

not cheap but sounds nice

http://www.sonifex.co.uk/s2/index.shtml

built to order

athr

Quote from: ones on June 05, 2011, 04:47:17 PM
We use that, and it's very good.

Yeah, we use the updated USB version of that

garybaldy72uk

Did buy a Beringher mixer like that second hand last year but it kept cutting out Gonna have to save up for a new one I have a Numark mixer atm which isn't great but does the job

audiotrax

I'm using this little guy right here.  I wish it had more than 2 dedicated mic channels, but overall, it's the perfect board!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners."  ~  Johnny Carson

roachley

A home grown 1984 8 Channel monster (rotary pots w/cue switching at full CCW) mostly built with 5532 IC's with balanced & unbalanced outputs to accommodate all varieties of equipment.

2 Heil PR-40's. the EV RE-20 is back in the box. Good for mic #3, if needed. It seems to have become a little dull after 10 plus years. The PR-40's are great for working through the mix & production and seem to have a better range compared with the EV. 

A dbx 166XL compressor/limiter for those "live" moments, voice work etc. Would like to put the Warfedale monitor speakers back to work when I make room again, but the smaller Advents do the trick for now along with a semi-classic set of Koss PRO/AA "phones" (I like the "drivers" in the older models more) & Adobe Audition. Sound cards.

C-media audio cards with a generic 8738 chip. Good for playback. I'm not too crazy about the upper response in the "record mode". - Next question.... What PC audio hardware are YOU using?  :-\ I'm ready for a serious upgrade!

DJ_Digital_Majik

PhilC

Soundcraft 8 channel desk - very reliable

[attachment deleted by admin]

dj_simplicity

behringer  eurorack mx1604a does the job with me plus i use a second sound card sound blaster no problems

smitti

I use an Berhinger XenyX 1622 and us 2 Samson C1 mics in my home studio.

Greetz

garybaldy72uk

Quote from: centre state radio on May 14, 2012, 10:54:03 PM

Looks like a Great Little mixing desk ..... when i have the spare cash i think i shall be purchasing one.

SnowHow

Quote from: centre state radio on May 14, 2012, 10:54:03 PM

I have used a panel by Bose that's almost identical to the one pictured. I forget the model offhand...

Worked very well.

J-

stevo87

I have a Behringer DX2000, its my baby, I like larger faders and less buttons, nearest I could find to a broadcast mixer within my budget, I dont use things such as the crossfaders etc so its a bit annoying most mixers have them