• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

I need a Third Party M3U Playlist Creator that works?

Started by jollirock, January 16, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

jollirock

I have tried 2 different playlist creators (MP3Tag & Playlist Creator 3.6.2) to create .m3u playlist and neither works. The playlist gets created and RadioDJ will see the file but upon import the list of songs don't display.  ???

Thanks

Windows 7 64 bit   
RadioDJ v1.6.5.5

rebel1radio.com

AndyDeGroo

Hi, jollirock!

If you use Mp3Tag, go to it's Tools > Options then Playlist and uncheck the "Entries relative from work directory". That way all file paths in exported playlists will be absolute.

Hope it solves your issue.

celeron333

I have the same problem in MP3Tag and StationPlaylistCreator. M3U playlist in my RadioDJ 1.6.5.65 doesn't work.

Jhonny

it may have nothing to do with this problem.
in the main screen in the play list I load an m3u list
all tracks are loaded
and can be played
I only use mp3 tracks.

What I also saw is that they were loaded into the database as disabled tracks.

Grtz.

ps. Oh yeah, I use tag & rename as m3u playlist creator and Playlist Creator 3.6.2.

And in the m3u is also the pad to the track like:
C:\Users\grandpa\Music\60s\(1968)\16 - The New Inspiration - You Made A Fool Of Me.mp3

If there is no pad like C:\Users\grandpa\Music\60s\(1968)\, that can bi the problem.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

ncborges

Maybe you can try Tobasco's Amazing Clockwhell. It's free and de a gr8 job with m3U playlists. I've been using with many media players, radio automation as RadioDJ with no issues..

http://riograndemud.com/clockwheel/clockwheel.htm

:P

jollirock

I tried this and got the same result. Thanks

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on January 16, 2014, 06:07:02 PM
Hi, jollirock!

If you use Mp3Tag, go to it's Tools > Options then Playlist and uncheck the "Entries relative from work directory". That way all file paths in exported playlists will be absolute.

Hope it solves your issue.

jollirock

Thanks, I tried  this but it doesnt seem to work with a 64 bit machine, or atleast that's the message i received when trying to install.

Quote from: ncborges on January 16, 2014, 09:14:07 PM
Maybe you can try Tobasco's Amazing Clockwhell. It's free and de a gr8 job with m3U playlists. I've been using with many media players, radio automation as RadioDJ with no issues..

http://riograndemud.com/clockwheel/clockwheel.htm

:P

ncborges

Quote from: shorty.xs on January 17, 2014, 02:18:49 PM
I repacked the application with a new installer.
Not fully tested, but approved by Tobasco.

Great m8. Many, many thanks...

jollirock

Thanks the install worked but when I did a test of creating a playlist, only 1 out of 100 songs displayed in Playlist Builder

ncborges

jollirock

Try to create your clocks on Tobbasco's.. Do an save your playlists on Tobasco's. For me, it works 100% satisfactory. I've done categories where I separate my files for style in different folders and generate my playlist from the clock with this categories. It's an easy, pleasant an great piece of software...

DJ Garybaldy

Moved this to software and utilities.

Just had a go at using it. OK so i get the having to create an .m3u playlist to create a playlist part.

What I don't get is why it tries creating another mapped network drive which in turn changed E to F and RadioDJ lost the connection to all the songs.

Think I'm sticking with the playlist from rotation within RDJ from now on.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

jollirock

Quote from: ncborges on January 19, 2014, 10:22:29 AM
jollirock

Try to create your clocks on Tobbasco's.. Do an save your playlists on Tobasco's. For me, it works 100% satisfactory. I've done categories where I separate my files for style in different folders and generate my playlist from the clock with this categories. It's an easy, pleasant an great piece of software...

Thanks I finally got it working

Tobasco

Quote from: ncborges on January 19, 2014, 10:22:29 AM
jollirock

New version coming out for 2020/2021!
https://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=14488.0

~ Tobasco

Music Box

I can't understand how to have playlists generated automatically with Tobbasco's.....
any help is welcome.

Jhonny

playlist-tabasco
In the new version of the info site (Working on it)There will be no longer tutorials for third part software! takes up too much space.
maybe an exception if there is demand for it or a special tutorial is offered
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English