• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.7Beta released!

Started by Marius, January 27, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

creativegroup

Quote from: 704djs on January 28, 2014, 11:18:37 AM
we was playing lil jon and then the playlist was cleared and when the auto dj reset it was playing double when it reloaded a new play list and it bump the song that was playing and started playing the new play list that was set to play and it was not set to play with the (play!) setting

Sounds like the issue I was talking about when the last beta was released. I haven't upgraded yet, but when I do I will test it out for you and see if it still occurs.

BTW, thank you again Marius!  :ok:

DJ Garybaldy

The new beta seems to working rather well. just over 5 hours solid with No double plays or the dreaded "watchdog" errors, no repeating artists etc etc.....

Think you've cracked it  :ok: everything is playing as it should.

The only problem I've come across is the one I reported earlier with playlist builder.  :bash:

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Same problem as KingsbridgeRadio with load from Rotation to playlist.  All Jingles and no music and it takes quite a while before it loads them.  Other than that working great. Thanks Marius for your coding genius and making RadioDJ continue to shine.   Not running extra plug ins and such and adding/deleting/moving things around on the beta and staring at the screen for another few hours until the coffee runs out.  LOL

Cheers

(Added Addendum)
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

creativegroup

Right so, upgraded to this beta on the test box and just ran an hour.

Very very smooth, no double plays, very nice seques, and just generally running nicely.

16:00 News... NO CRASH.. NO DOUBLE PLAY! Working exactly how it worked before!

Yay... thank you so much Marius!  ;D

oh and by the way, love the new sweeper/vt countdown, much clearer thanks for that as well!

Dan :-)

704djs

Quote from: 704djs on January 28, 2014, 11:18:37 AM
could someone else try this to see if they are getting a double play when we're on air this morning we was playing lil jon and then the playlist was cleared and when the auto dj reset it was playing double when it reloaded a new play list and it bump the song that was playing and started playing the new play list that was set to play and it was not set to play with the (play!) setting

here how to re do what we did

have a song playing for about a min then
click the clear button while the song is playing
make sure your in autodj mode when your doing this
and let me know what you get before we say it a bug

thank you for your help

i take no one else had this if i'm correct so i need to re check our system on the test server
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

creativegroup

Just spotted a bug.

The manual playlist event 'Play' doesn't play the next track, it skips to the one after.

I checked that the files were ok, and they played fine on monitor so I think it is an error with the event. Hope you can find a fix.

Cheers

Dan

AndyDeGroo

I just realised that event are not working at all. I have TOH Jingle event set for every hour, but RDJ does not show any events when "View by Hour" is checked in events list. I tried editing, disabling and re-enabling the event, but the list is still empty.

This might be related to TQs midnight glitch but it is not past midnight yet in my time zone.

And I still don't see any RDJ entries in Windows Event Viewer.

704djs

are you using the same database, and did you deleted them and redo them because the new file change the setting you had, so you mat have to redo them again like we did

creativegroup

My automated events are working absolutely fine and have been all day. It's just the manual ones that aren't working right.

I'm not too sure about the midnight issue, because my station doesn't run 24/7 but I did notice at new year when I was live the events went haywire at midnight, but soon got back to normal again. Didn't have too much time to take a look at what was going on though.  :D

creativegroup

Actually, I have been using a different database due to my usual studio PC failing so I will try and create the events again and see what happens. Will feedback.

Dan

AndyDeGroo

It's eight minutes past midnight and I just noticed my events are back. That is strange and to my knowledge has nothing to do with database. Since my last post I have restarted RDJ twice but all events appeared only after midnight.

UPDATE: I had a silent crash on previous RDJ shutdown:

Faulting application name: RadioDJ.exe, version: 1.6.5.7, time stamp: 0x52e68e39
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988a1f
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x00012005
Faulting process ID: 0x1598
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1c3ed34433bb
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\RadioDJ\RadioDJ.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 71e737f9-8865-11e3-aff4-0008540dabcb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Apparently the fault was in the kernel, but who knows what actually caused it.

creativegroup

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on January 28, 2014, 11:11:21 PM
It's eight minutes past midnight and I just noticed my events are back. That is strange and to my knowledge has nothing to do with database. Since my last post I have restarted RDJ twice but all events appeared only after midnight.

Very weird! Will keep an eye out for that one.

@704djs I tried creating the manual events again and reloading them to the rotation, but still having the same issue. In the previous version the 'Play' event would simply play the next item, but it skips what is next and goes to the second item down. For those wondering why I use the event, I actually use it is a marker to tell the presenter when the links are so they follow the format. And so i just set the event to play, but it doesn't play the next item. Weird. But, everything else is working so well!  :)

Tman

Annyone problems with the cart Players? Here a glitch on the cartplayer the firsttime radiodj stuck on it?
The second time on restart the cartplayers don't start? even when new assign to cart.

Till now no double playing.
Life is what you make it

704djs

Quote from: creativegroup on January 28, 2014, 10:55:17 PM

Actually, I have been using a different database due to my usual studio PC failing so I will try and create the events again and see what happens. Will feedback.

Dan

alright

Marius

The manual event is not a track, it just triggers the actions from the event and after it goes to the next playlist item, so internally there is a play after the event and with the one from the event, you have two "play" actions.

Quote from: creativegroup on January 28, 2014, 09:59:37 PM
Just spotted a bug.

The manual playlist event 'Play' doesn't play the next track, it skips to the one after.

I checked that the files were ok, and they played fine on monitor so I think it is an error with the event. Hope you can find a fix.

Cheers

Dan
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.