RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

RadioDJ v1.6.5.7 Released!

Offline Derek

Re: RadioDJ v1.6.5.7 Released!
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 02:02:55 AM »
Is there a way to import the tracks with the genre? All mne went to a capella. I have 42,000 songs and doing it manually is out of the question.

Acapella should be selectable as a genre when importing. If you forgot to set it, you should be able to change a batch in Tracks Manager by filtering all the Acapella genre and change genre.

Offline ThP

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »
Small bug (1.6.5.7)
Event > Plugin action > Start/stop encoder.
If you start/stop encoder thru events, you need to start counting the encoders from 0, not from 1.
In the first picture is the A******t TAB with only 1 encoder.

In the second picture is the working method tot start/stop.

As you notice, you must set as argument the number 0, not 1 as shown in the first picture.

Offline SnowHow

• A-1 Radio - The Variety Channel
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »
This was covered on my first post when the encoder was released:

Update 1-27-14

Encoder window blocks config window in Separate Window mode [FIXED]

Listener peak per encoder [NEW]

UTF8 Character support added [NEW]

Start/Stop individual encoder via event [NEW]*

*Note:
Encoder list starts at 0, so if you have four encoders, the argument would be 0 for the first encoder, then 1 for the second, and 2 for the third, etc.

It's a programming thing about how arrays are indexed.....

J-

Offline ThP

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
 :bash:

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
I'm waaaaaay behind here.  Still on 1.6.4.0 BETA.  Is there a guide that will walk me through how to bring my RadioDJ up to the current version.

I tried just using the instructions for this version, but it won't launch, once the upgrade is complete.  Good thing I made a backup and tried that on my production machine. ;-)

I'm guessing that if I perform the database conversion that was required at 1.6.4.9., I should be able to go from 1.6.4.0 BETA right to 1.6.5.7.  Can anyone tell me if I'm correct in that assumption?

Thanks!

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 03:28:51 PM »
I'm waaaaaay behind here.  Still on 1.6.4.0 BETA.  Is there a guide that will walk me through how to bring my RadioDJ up to the current version.

I tried just using the instructions for this version, but it won't launch, once the upgrade is complete.  Good thing I made a backup and tried that on my production machine. ;-)

I'm guessing that if I perform the database conversion that was required at 1.6.4.9., I should be able to go from 1.6.4.0 BETA right to 1.6.5.7.  Can anyone tell me if I'm correct in that assumption?

Thanks!

Yes the DB structure changed in 1.6.4.9. Just download 1.6.5.7 using the databasesetup.exe on the DB utils tab select the "Select Update file"  and browse to the database.sql file which is in the SQL folder inside the Setup folder. Click Open then OK and it should update the DB without any problems.

Make sure that you do a Database backup first just in case something should go wrong.

If all has gone to plan your DB should be updated.
Retired DJ & Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Windows 10 Pro: 16GB AMD10 & 32GB Intel i5 processor

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Database repair: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/09/radiodj-database-maintenance-how-to.html

memory leak with 1.6.5.7 ?
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
Hi everybody ! I can observe with this version and early ones a memory leakage... My RDJ runs on a  XP SP3 PC core 2 quad and 2Gb ram. When the software is launched, it uses approx 50mb ram but , it slowly grows and now reaches about 110mb after a few weeks running. is it normal ? Thanks !
www.nemoradio.fr

Offline SnowHow

Re: memory leak with 1.6.5.7 ?
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »
Hi everybody ! I can observe with this version and early ones a memory leakage... My RDJ runs on a  XP SP3 PC core 2 quad and 2Gb ram. When the software is launched, it uses approx 50mb ram but , it slowly grows and now reaches about 110mb after a few weeks running. is it normal ? Thanks !

It's not uncommon for memory usage to increase over time. Mine usually hovers around 70 - 75MB, but I'm running Server 2008 64 bit on a Core2 Duo 2.13 GHz w/4 Gig ram, however 110MB does sound a bit high. Try increasing your MySQL concurrent connections setting to 300 or so. That should help memory usage somewhat.

J-

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:23:24 AM by SnowHow »

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »
Try increasing your MySQL concurrent connections setting to 300 or so. That should help memory usage somewhat.
Sorry, do not understand what does it mean. And how to do that!
Could you explain? Thanx a lot!
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
Try increasing your MySQL concurrent connections setting to 300 or so. That should help memory usage somewhat.

My sql server is running on a NAS. The growing ram usage comes only by the RDJ exe file... ::)
www.nemoradio.fr

Offline SnowHow

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 06:05:13 AM »
Sorry, do not understand what does it mean. And how to do that!
Could you explain? Thanx a lot!

See this post.

My sql server is running on a NAS. The growing ram usage comes only by the RDJ exe file... ::)

It doesn't matter where the database is, the exe still has to work to access it regardless of location. If the database is having to work too hard to provide the needed tables, memory usage will increase on the local machine.

J-

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
See this post.
Thank You SnowHow!!
Does it works with Win7 too?
And you say that bigger databases should have #300 connections. How many songs you consider a Database to be bigger?
Thanks again!
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
Thank you SnowHow ! i'll try this ! ;)
www.nemoradio.fr

Offline SnowHow

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:19 AM »

Thank You SnowHow!!
Does it works with Win7 too?

The operating system doesn't matter...

And you say that bigger databases should have #300 connections. How many songs you consider a Database to be bigger?
Thanks again!

It's not the number of songs you have, rather it's what the database doing -

For example, if it's running two Wordpress sites and RadioDJ on the same machine, that is a heavier load that requires more connections because it's doing more things at once. If it's running only RDJ, that is a lighter load where fewer connections are needed. Basically it depends on your specific configuration as to what the setting should be.

To keep this on topic, please post technical questions in the support forum.

Thanks!  :)

J-

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2014, 03:55:40 PM »
Maybe found a bug. If I set at Track Rotation play Sweeper at Intro or End, the Sweeper is played everytime at Start of track.