• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

m3u for Commercials...

Started by westhemess, March 05, 2014, 02:00:36 PM

westhemess

I have commercials that I want to run at various times of the hour and that requires me to make some m3u to load in the log.  When I do this...the files are listed under Commercials but when the tracks play from the m3u it acts as if it were a song and will not repeat it again until the default repeat time has expired...is there a way to refresh the commercial to not red out after playing so it will run in the next break.

FYI i am doing this remotely so it is easier to do m3u instead of using the rotation since the spots are set times.

Vanlen

Hi there

Are your commercial files set as Track Type Commercial so as not to be treated as music?
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

westhemess

Yes...all of the files are in the commercial category.  I have to reset the play counter to get them to play like I have a commercial that needs to run 2x per hour...I have to reset the playcount so it will play again.

westhemess

Still having the problem...even adding a Clear playcount command before loading the m3u.  I think this is a good thing to use if I can get around this problem. 

Also is there a way to just display the file name instead of the id3 tag?  I am finding if my library has multiple file names and artists as the same name, it would just except the first track name and ignore the other ones with (Already Exists).

SirioDirector

:D The need to create m3u playlists often used for the management of advertising.
If radiodj inside there was a manager of advertising, there would be no need to create blocks using the m3u format.

It 'been asked several times on the forum, but at the moment it does not appear among the things to be done as soon as possible.

In relation to this, I wanted to ask if it exists, and is possibilile display the list of things to do.

Vanlen

Quoteis there a way to just display the file name instead of the id3 tag?
Yes there are a few ways.  One way, in Adobe Audition just load the commercial up in the wave view and save as  say Joes Trucks - Spring Sales Event and then use save as and untick save markers and other metadata.  The other way, I'm sure you could use an mp3 tag editor and resave it with all the metadata cleared ie left blank.    RadioDJ when loading a file will then use the "-" as a separator for the song artist in the file name which you could customize to your hearts content.  Examples:   Commercial - FoodMart  or Food Mart - Bakery Sale  or Food Mart - Commercial 30 or what have you.

Cheers

www.forestgreenradio.ca

westhemess

I have talked to natural software and they just Need Some of the field information so it can create an automation module tocreate the break m3u's... pm me for there info.

westhemess

I talked to Natural Software again and they told me they need to speak with the high ups on Radiodj before they will incorporate the commercial log m3u's to be used within RadioDJ.  I have to enter the commercials manually and I would love to have it done automatically.  Will someone please contact Natural Software to get this done.  It takes about an hour to create all of the m3u's for 6am - 7pm.

westhemess

Marius...is there anyway you can contact Natural Software and let them know that m3u's for each break can be made...I just spoke with them on Wednesday and they said they needed to speak with a representative with radiodj so they can make the necessary output command.

Natural log has an m3u automation filter that sends the entire automation log for the day in one file.  My goal is to have them send an m3u for each commercial set (ie; 610am.m3u, 6:20am.m3u, etc)

I know it is on the low priority list but I have a station that used to use Windows Media player as their playout system...I want to make it so they can us radiodj and use the event builder to load the commercial breaks via load m3u)

nat-soft.com - phone number is on the website ask for mary or nancy.

Thanks

Vanlen

www.forestgreenradio.ca

Dragos

Well, we have 26 commercial breaks every day, and each commercial repeats at leas three times per day. There is a solution for this. All the commercials should be imported as "Commercials", not "Music" or anything else.
Second of all, you need to make m3u's (via Playlist Builder in RDJ) that contains the spots for every commercial break. After that, go to events, and create for each hour an event that loads m3u coresponding to it. Believe me that all the files will play without any issues, even if you have a restriction of some hours per song.
I have three stations in administration and I never ran into problems when it's coming down to commercials.
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Dragos on March 29, 2014, 06:05:05 PM
Well, we have 26 commercial breaks every day, and each commercial repeats at leas three times per day. There is a solution for this. All the commercials should be imported as "Commercials", not "Music" or anything else.
Second of all, you need to make m3u's (via Playlist Builder in RDJ) that contains the spots for every commercial break. After that, go to events, and create for each hour an event that loads m3u coresponding to it. Believe me that all the files will play without any issues, even if you have a restriction of some hours per song.
I have three stations in administration and I never ran into problems when it's coming down to commercials.

I like the simple solutions to things! People make themselves a lot of hard work by not thinking laterally!! Sounds like a great way to do things.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

ncborges

I'm using more than a year the solution presented by Dragos with any issues. I have my commercial rotations named by hour. Example : 08:00 (commercial) and 08:05 (music) running on 3 blocks per hour. RadioDj loads everything automatically with no problems, runs smooth. Easy way to have everything 100% working. My request was about a RadioDj ADV Schedule that allow us to program the days and times we need the Spot inserted into the commercial breaks and got it automatically with some sort of report.
But if you have different rotations for music and breaks and load everything as rotations, RadioDj will do the same job of Wo Wise Orbit that cost thousands and thousands.. :'( :'( :'( :'( :hihi:

darkcyber2003

Yes, these may be great solutions for you. But another thing you are not considering is that some people that use RadioDJ (or try to use) may have to have a Traffic and Billing software (like Natural Software) to generate bills from the traffic log. So, simply hand building out something from within RadioDJ may not always fit everyone's needs. Sure, it might be easy for you to hand build it that way, but that may not be what everyone needs/wants  :)

ncborges

#darkcyber2003
If someone is able to spend money with Natural Traffic software and need generate "bills" is pretty clear that make moneys and has a commercial station. Why not go through a paid play out as a paid traffic an billing Natural Soft??? Simple, no?

What I can feel here is, people wants have all the functions of Wide Orbit on play out, Wish Traffic and \billing software, request standalone modules as playlist schedule. Seems that Marius need do the most complete Broadcast suite fro free...

The question of westhemess was a simple solution for a problem he have with his adverts not and adaptation of Radiodj to run with Natural traffic Software.
Sorry if it sounds rude but...