• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 Beta 4 RC1 Released!

Started by Marius, May 09, 2014, 09:51:37 PM

linawebradio

Quote from: Vanlen on May 11, 2014, 06:07:25 PM
Was working with voice tracks today [...] and worked as expected.     
Do VT fit perfectly intros? Do VT ends exactly over intro cue point?
I was taking VT-test with Win7 installed on a Mac with Parallel Desktop and the fit was not perfect: but I think that could be due to virtuallization...
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

Vanlen

@Linawebradio.  Yes, for me it ended on the intro cue point I had selected on multiple tracks over an hour period and all worked as they should both manually by throwing them into slot view and with built playlists.  I'm On Win7 64bit I7 Processor.   You know you might be onto something with the virtualization scenario perhaps.

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

creativegroup

I have been running this version all day on another database and it has worked brilliantly!  :ok:

I am yet to test backtiming though as I had issues in V.1.6.5.7 with timing skipping forward and then back again but when I upgrade the main database I will test this and let you know.

Dan

Radiobellissima

Hello, you can not do anything to turn radiodj with the old dll bass.net? known anomalies in the audio quality since I upgraded to this version. :'(
If you can not wonder if there is a way to bring back the database so that you can reinstall the version 1.6.5.7 :ok:

thanks
Marcello

linawebradio

Quote from: Vanlen on May 11, 2014, 08:06:10 PM
@Linawebradio.  Yes, for me it ended on the intro cue point I had selected on multiple tracks over an hour period and all worked as they should both manually by throwing them into slot view and with built playlists.  I'm On Win7 64bit I7 Processor.   You know you might be onto something with the virtualization scenario perhaps.

Cheers
Thanks!  :ok:
I hope that when I'll install 1.6.5.8 FINAL on On-Air PC it will be ok!
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

nemoradio

Hi!
I cannot import tracks as "file by date". When i set the path to the directory containing the file(s), and hit the Import button, the path is not saved when reopening the track properties. Is it a bug or maybe i don't understant how to use this funtion ?

I also noticed a little bug: The forward button of the monitor section in the tracks manager restarts the track instead of making a fast forward.
Thanks !
www.nemoradio.fr

packzap

Just a minor problem with 1.6.5.8 Beta 4 RC1.  The fast forward button (>>) in Tracks Manager at bottom left of window performs the same function as "play" (>).  It does not advance the track a few seconds ahead.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

Thanks packzap, a post before yours that bug has already been reported.
Thank you anyway.  :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

packzap

Quote... bug has already been reported.

Oops!  And directly above mine.  :bash:  I had only scanned first paragraph.  Thanks for all your great development!

creativegroup

Just one or two issues I have noticed with this version today:

1). The loop function on the aux players doesn't seem to work- I played a track earlier and clicked the loop button but the track came to an end and didn't start again.

2). In Playlist builder when creating a playlist from rotation the artist and song separation is much better, it loads songs that haven't already played unlike before, however most of my rotations contain manual events, particularly those for live shows, but the playlist events do not load so i have to put them in manually. They load fine in the main playlist and when i open an old playlist with manual events in, these appear fine too. It just seems to be new playlists created in playlist builder.

3). When the last version was released, I mentioned about an issue with back timing (i.e the timing seemed to skip forward and then back again when I played the next track after my link, which lead to the hour being completely mis timed. However, I have only tested this briefly, but in this version the ETA timing seems to stop showing when there is no track playing and it is in assisted mode. I really need to be able to see the time of the last track before the news as I talk, and I have been able to do this in versions previous to 1.6.5.7.

I must add though apart from the above, this version is very very good. It seems to be faster, and the segue ways sound even better than they did before (didn't think this was possible) so thanks for all the hard work.

Dan  :)

jopizz

I have a problem when I add a manual event using a rotation. I am getting a one to two second gap between the end of the previous track and the beginning of the event. Both the event and the rotation have the Repeat Rules unchecked. The event is a simple one where I play a voiceover track and then a music track. Here's the error I am getting in windows. It works fine in 1.6.5.7.

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dragos

Quote from: Radiobellissima on May 11, 2014, 09:20:17 PM
Hello, you can not do anything to turn radiodj with the old dll bass.net? known anomalies in the audio quality since I upgraded to this version. :'(
If you can not wonder if there is a way to bring back the database so that you can reinstall the version 1.6.5.7 :ok:

thanks
Marcello
I don't know why you say that the audio quality has anomalies. I use RDJ in 3 stations and it sounds great. Maybe it's a soundcard issue. I always turn off all audio enhancements crap and it sounds great.
Radio is one of the best things that happened to the world.

thebigmg

Hi Marius,

VT sounds and works great, however (and I know i've mentioned this before so sorry) but if I have a song that ends hard on a vocal rather than fades away (for example Bohemian Rhapsody) I wouldn't want to talk over the end of that but I will still want my link to time.

Would you be able to please implement an E and F tick box in the editor so radiodj can distinguish between the two. This would pretty much make radiodj VT spot on. Then if sweepers could do that same thing then you are bang on the money. :D

spons

I have the same problem when manualy starting an event, it holds for about a second until the event starts. Event contains a talkover bed and jingle, a promo and a jingle, et cetera...

Thanks Marius, you're doing a very fine job!  :ok:
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

thebigmg

Hi Marius, I've been testing a bit more.

I come out of Simply Red Stars into B52's Love Shack (7" Intro) - My voice file is 5 Seconds  and if I select VS (Over Start) the voiceover file plays twice, If I select VI (Upto Vocal) it plays repeatedly over and over. I have tried this on my Radio DJ and installed the latest in a NEW LOCATION ON A NEW DATABASE and it still does the same.

If I set the Voiceovers as sweepers it only plays once and as it should.

Running Win 7.