• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8 RC2 Released! - FIXED

Started by Marius, May 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM

DJ Garybaldy

Quote@DJ Garybaldy: the sound functions are un-touched since the first beta, so i really don't know what happened there. Could you check the sound settings (compressor, volume, agc?).

I set the sound plugin exactly the same as I have it set in 1.6.5.7 see attached picture.

As I said before the sound was fine in 1.6.5.7 with these settings.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

DJ Garybaldy

OK something strange was going on with my computer!  :bash: Just installed the fixed beta and played the same track that was playing when I had the bad audio and everything is fine now.....

Ruddy windows! ???

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Marius

Hmmm, i was prepared to write that one thing changed since the stable version, i updated the bass sound engine to the latest version because SnowHow asked me in order to add some features to the encoders, but the way sound is processed at my code level remained the same. I tried your settings and... for my taste sounds too flat. I like it more without ACG and with attached settings.
But, that's just my personal opinion.   ;)

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

Just testing those settings now TY Marius!  :cool:

Radiobellissima

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on May 18, 2014, 12:53:48 PM
OK something strange was going on with my computer!  :bash: Just installed the fixed beta and played the same track that was playing when I had the bad audio and everything is fine now.....

Ruddy windows! ???
No, it's your computer ... I had already reported it myself. However, with this fix has improved the sound but it is not yet at the levels of the previous 1.6.5.7.

Now Avast is ok
Autoplay ok

DJ Garybaldy

Earlier problems aside everything seems to be running seamlessly over here rotations loading fine songs playing just fine. Just over 2 hours solid. :ok:

Things are sounding a lot better, lord knows what I was thinking when I set up the sound processing.... My hearing is nearly shot!

Thanks Marius....Also BIG thank you for putting the ID3 tag buttons in on track details! Gonna make life so much easier!

SnowHow

Quote from: Marius on May 18, 2014, 12:26:43 PM
Ok, i repacked the release, tested with avast and no more warning. I also fixed the autostart.
Please download again the package and follow the same procedure to update.

Yep. Auto start is working.  :)

J-

jopizz

I'm still getting the one to two second gap and the Windows error when I add a manual event to the playlist. Also the audio sounds scratchy to me too. I have the audio settings set the same as in 1.6.5.7.

John

Marius

Quote from: jopizz on May 18, 2014, 03:50:22 PM
I'm still getting the one to two second gap and the Windows error when I add a manual event to the playlist.

Try to add a PLAY action at the end, that should speed up transition from the event to the next item from playlist.

About the sound quality, interestingly enough the new version of bass sound engine seem to make problems on isolated cases only. I never had this problem and i assure you that the program is also tested in some professional FM studios and no user reported sound issues. Do you by any chance run the program on a virtual environment, or directly on a windows machine?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

jopizz

Quote from: Marius on May 18, 2014, 04:07:30 PM
Try to add a PLAY action at the end, that should speed up transition from the event to the next item from playlist.

About the sound quality, interestingly enough the new version of bass sound engine seem to make problems on isolated cases only. I never had this problem and i assure you that the program is also tested in some professional FM studios and no user reported sound issues. Do you by any chance run the program on a virtual environment, or directly on a windows machine?

Thanks. The Play command fixed the problem. As for the sound quality I'm running it on a Windows XP machine. With the same settings as in 1.6.5.7 and in the earlier Betas the audio is flatter and has more background noise. At least to my ears.

John

Vanlen

Updated with Method 1 the RC2 Fixed.   Not noticing a sound issue on my settings which haven't changed from previous.  The only thing I noticed but probably not a bug but hadn't noticed before is the Blank option that highlights when right clicking selection in search pane.  Probably a spacer I'm guessing.    pic below.   

You are Rocking Marius :cool:

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Radiobellissima

Quote from: Marius on May 18, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

The two machines are my window7 with a 32 and a 64-bit. On the one on air ie the new 32-bit dll have never liked if you remember. On 64bit I can not find clear differences between the new and the old dll.

Marius

Quote from: Vanlen on May 18, 2014, 05:28:39 PM
Updated with Method 1 the RC2 Fixed.   Not noticing a sound issue on my settings which haven't changed from previous.  The only thing I noticed but probably not a bug but hadn't noticed before is the Blank option that highlights when right clicking selection in search pane.  Probably a spacer I'm guessing.    pic below.   

Ah, you need to update the language search plugin file also. It's a new option there which allows you to add selected file to the request queue. It may be handy, even if you are not using requests, because it allows you to keep a list of files for further usage.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

QuoteIt's a new option there which allows you to add selected file to the request queue. It may be handy, even if you are not using requests, because it allows you to keep a list of files for further usage.

Will do.

Very nice  :cool:

Update:  Now this could also called a mini bonus event scheduler :hihi:
Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

rogiermaas

Quote from: Marius on May 18, 2014, 12:26:43 PM
@rogiermaas: Did you edited the tracks in Playlist builder using the blue icon from the right?

I did not edit the Cue-points using the blue icons to the right. Is this a special Cue-editor for playlist-items?
I more or less anticipated that editing the playlist would simply add pointers to database-song_id's and loading the Cue-points once the list was added to the queue. Is this by design? Does the playlist also hold Cue-points?

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl