• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Database Setup Error

Started by nitram78, June 23, 2014, 06:09:38 PM

DJ Garybaldy

QuoteIf it was only that simple....it's within an environment that can't be upgraded due to legacy conflicts. Every other part of RadioDJ is working and has been for months, so MySQL can't be the issue, surely?

I'm intrigued what exactly is the "legacy" bit all about? I think the version of MySQL  5.0.51 you are trying to work with was a beta with lots of known bugs.

Try this version it one of the 5.1 versions of SQL http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxvo8pceiycyjvf/mysql-essential-5.1.41-win32.msi

It may help with any problems you are experiencing  :bash:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

HMC

BTW as an FYI, I used MariaDB 10.0.10 instead of Oracle MySQL and it's works great. Haven't had an issue that I know of yet.
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10

Marius

@HMC, i forgot about that. I planned to test it a while ago, but i simply forgot.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

nitram78

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on June 25, 2014, 10:59:43 AM
I'm intrigued what exactly is the "legacy" bit all about? I think the version of MySQL  5.0.51 you are trying to work with was a beta with lots of known bugs.

Try this version it one of the 5.1 versions of SQL http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxvo8pceiycyjvf/mysql-essential-5.1.41-win32.msi

It may help with any problems you are experiencing  :bash:

Legacy in the fact we run other systems from the same database that can't be upgraded to a 5.1.* base. I am more than happy to explain in private what job I do, but rest assured I know my stuff ;)

I have no issue deploying a fresh database, but merely wanted clarity on the error before going hunting too deep. However, I rather deploy MySQL onto Debian than Windows ;)

SnowHow

Quote from: HMC on June 25, 2014, 11:50:23 AM
BTW as an FYI, I used MariaDB 10.0.10 instead of Oracle MySQL and it's works great. Haven't had an issue that I know of yet.

Well that's interesting. I've never heard of MariaDB before. I will definitely have a look.

Quote from: nitram78 on June 25, 2014, 12:20:50 PM
Legacy in the fact we run other systems from the same database that can't be upgraded to a 5.1.* base. I am more than happy to explain in private what job I do, but rest assured I know my stuff ;)

I have no issue deploying a fresh database, but merely wanted clarity on the error before going hunting too deep. However, I rather deploy MySQL onto Debian than Windows ;)

That's perfectly understandable - other systems are at play here....

I have a spare hard drive with Vista on it. It may be worthwhile to dig it out just to test 5.0.51 and see how RDJ behaves.

J-

HMC

Quote from: SnowHow on June 25, 2014, 05:34:26 PM
Well that's interesting. I've never heard of MariaDB before. I will definitely have a look.

Yeah, it's a fork of MySQL by the original developers of MySQL. After Oracle bought MySQL they have become less and less cooperative with the community so the MariaDB fork was created and even has more enhanced features than MySQL. It's notable that even major players such as RedHat have replaced MySQL with MariaDB as the default DB in RHEL 7. Oracle MySQL isn't going to be used as much in the near future because they are not keeping it community driven as was before.

Quote from: Marius on June 25, 2014, 12:14:12 PM
@HMC, i forgot about that. I planned to test it a while ago, but i simply forgot.

Cool, well so far it works for me. Hope you won't have to do much in terms of support. MariaDB is supposed to be a drop-in replacement so the point is not to have to make any changes.
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10

starlite

Talking about db versions.

Would that impact on my connecting to the db on my XP for the demo script which is on a shared server?

It looks like I have 5.5.25a.0 according to Properties on mysql.exe     7/2012 install.

oz

SnowHow

Quote from: SnowHow on June 25, 2014, 05:34:26 PM

I have a spare hard drive with Vista on it. It may be worthwhile to dig it out just to test 5.0.51 and see how RDJ behaves.

I tried RDJ with MySQL 5.0.51 and it ran fine, events and all, so at this point I'm out of ideas... :(

J-

nitram78

Quote from: SnowHow on June 26, 2014, 04:02:29 AM
I tried RDJ with MySQL 5.0.51 and it ran fine, events and all, so at this point I'm out of ideas... :(

J-

Cheers SnowHow. In theory it should be working, even as far back as this version....I've got one of my db guys (former google employee) looking into it.

We have no problems at all with RadioDJ itself....everything works flawless, it's purely the database Setup/Updater .exe that seems to throw issues. If we manually populate the .xml file with the db info, then RadioDJ itself works fine.