Author Topic: Semicolons in track names :(  (Read 2347 times)

HMC

Semicolons in track names :(
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
First I'm new to Radiodj and thanks for such a nice piece of software.  So far it's been a good choice and I like the features, although it's taking a while to get used to the app.

Anyway, I'm having a problem with imported track titles.  Whenever there is a "f." in the title it inserts a semicolon after the period. That doesn't look good because icecast will display it like that. And the mobile app can't handle the character so the artist and track title gets messed up. 

e.g. Michael Jackson f. Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good

Well Radiodj will import it as this with the semicolon.
Michael Jackson f.; Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good

I have hundreds of songs soon to be thousands and I can't edit the details of every song that has a "f.;" to remove the semicolon. That's a lot of work.

Please let me know how to fix this import issue or if it is a problem with the software. If it's a bug when can it be fixed?

Thanks!
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: Semicolons in track names :(
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
That's strange. I Just tried to name a track like that (with and without ID3 tag) then i imported it and didn't appended a semicolon anywhere.
Are you sure that your track titles are not named like that in ID3 tags? When the tags are found, they are used and not the file name.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
You can remove the semicolon whit the track editor from all songs.

grtz.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HMC

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »
That's strange. I Just tried to name a track like that (with and without ID3 tag) then i imported it and didn't appended a semicolon anywhere.
Are you sure that your track titles are not named like that in ID3 tags? When the tags are found, they are used and not the file name.

Hmm, I'll check but I don't think so. I originally used centovacast and never saw that. Could that be a DB problem? I'm using MariaDB 10 and not Mysql 5.5.

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
Well if you don't see a  semicolon in a tag editor it is poseble, most of us use mysql and not MariaDB.

grtz.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
Can you share a track that when is imported it shows the semicolon?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

HMC

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 01:38:07 AM »
Can you share a track that when is imported it shows the semicolon?

I know how you can reproduce it now. Edit an MP3 tag for the Contributing Artist tag. When you edit it, put it in as
Artist f./someone
I noticed all the Contributing artists details have a forward slash after the period. I don't know why they(my music provider) encode them this way.
Once you import it, it converts it to a semicolon because that's how windows is interpreting it. What needs to happen is that needs to be replaced by a space.

I can mass rename filenames but I don't now of a way to mass rename MP3 Tags. I would have to do each one individually and that would take forever. If radiodj did a string replace on import that would be cool. Otherwise its going to be a pain. :(

HMC

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 05:20:21 AM »
Well I fixed my problem for now. I use mp3tag to edit metadata and I didn't know it had built-in string functions. I was able to remove the / from all the tags in all my songs at one time. Freaking awesome program. I'll just have to edit my music with mp3tag first before importing them for the ones that have the / in it. Ughh. Oh well at least I don't have to do them one at a time.  ;D Thanks for looking into it.

SnowHow

• Personal Text
    A-1 Radio - The Variety Channel
    • A-1 Radio - The Variety Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 06:18:45 AM »
Glad you got it sorted.  :)

I checked out MariaDB on a different hard drive and it really is a drop in replacement for MySQL. I was impressed. RDJ 1.7.0 ran just fine, test events and all. Very nice.

Thanks for pointing it out!  :ok:

J-