• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Updating from 1.6.5.7 to 1.7.0

Started by WDA1.com, July 11, 2014, 03:58:37 AM

WDA1.com

I've been searching for a brief description of what needs done, and I thought I'd come across a post in regards to it... but now I've lost it.  OUTSIDE of replacing the old operational files w/ the new, was there something that needs done to update the current database?  Thanks in advance to someone who can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Andrew Cannon
wda1 @ wda1 . com

Marius

The intention of being bad is far from me, but did you read the 1.7.0 topic?

This is the first message:

For older versions 1.6.5.7 to 1.6.5.8 RC7 a database update must be applied:

- Close RadioDJ (if it's running);
- Open Database Setup.exe and do a fresh backup;
- Now, still in Database Setup.exe go to "Database Utils" tab;

- Click on "Select Update File" and from "Sql" folder select "1.6.5.8 RC7 - UPDATE FROM RC4 AND OLDER.sql" file;
- Click ok to the confirmation dialogue and the database will be updated.

- Now replace all files with the new ones.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

AndyDeGroo

@Marius To avoid questions like this and some users skipping database updates, there should be a clear indication on downloads page for versions that requite database update.
It should be possible to customise WP-Filebase to add another step after clicking download link. On that step there would be a page with update instructions and link to latest announcement post on forums.
If you agree, I could look into it this weekend and maybe come up with something useful.

WDA1.com

*** UPDATE ***
I found it...

Upon reaching SELECT UPDATE FILE, ""1.6.5.8 RC7 - UPDATE FROM RC4 AND OLDER.sql"" is not there.   The only file that shows up is 'database.sql'.   Is this downloadable somewhere?
Andrew Cannon
wda1 @ wda1 . com

SnowHow

Attached.

It's not in the sql folder of the current latest archive (1.7.0) - ?

J-

[attachment deleted by admin]