Author Topic: Drag and Drop issues?  (Read 2276 times)

RadioFreeUSA

• New User

Drag and Drop issues?
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:50:37 AM »
I'm rebuilding my station from scratch using a fresh DB and adding audio to the system.  In the previous versions, I could open explorer, click and drag some audio files, drag those files to the production section of RadioDJ, the mouse icon would change to a box and plus sign, I would release the button and the audio would add to the database and be available for playback. 

I can't seem to make that work in 1.7.0...?  Anyone else see this?

Thanks~

RadioFreeUSA

• New User

Re: Drag and Drop issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »
It gets worse..

1.6.5.7  would import across a network.  The path could be " \\computer\shared folder\filename.mp3

1.7.0 won't.  A directory import might catch some, but not over 50-70%. Drag and drop fails, track import fails.  Import works locally ok.  Meaning the path is <local drive letter>:\directory\filename.mp3.

I could map a drive letter on my aserv machine i guess, if you think that would fix it. The issue is I'll have to have both machines with the same mapping cause i load audio on one machine and play it back on the other. Both machine may be playing different audio at the same times, but that is rare. 

Anyway, food for thought.  I'm thinking i'm going to have to go back to 1.6.5.7. Too many issues in this version for me.

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Drag and drop import was a mistake, that's why it was removed the feature. When you drag files to the program you have no control where did they will end up. You also cannot set track settings, they would be just imported somewhere.

Mapping the drive is the right method to accomplish what you want. If you do a map on all computers to the same letter, you would keep the ability to listen the tracks on all computers.

I'm thinking i'm going to have to go back to 1.6.5.7. Too many issues in this version for me.

I read all your seven posts to see the long list of the problems you have with this version, because i thought that somehow i missed some of your posts where you ask for help and no one helped you:
1. You have a topic where you cannot open the program since you've updated the program without following the described procedure, not a program fault from my point of view.
2. This topic.
3. A future request.

It's you decision if you want to use an older version, but i remind you that on that version you will not be able to get any support or bug fixes.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

RadioFreeUSA

• New User

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:58 AM »
Actually, Drag and drop worked perfectly for my needs.  I picked my catagory (radio shows) and my subcatagory (name of show) and did the drag and drop.  They always landed where they were supposed to and, frankly, I didn't want to or need to edit any of the track information.  Being forced to import those tracks one at a time is a needless exercise for me in this case.  I don't play music 95% of the time, I don't care much about start times, end times, dates and such.  I will play a music log on the weekends when my Monday-Friday shows are not available, and I did spend a great many hours fixing up my audio files with proper fade out and next start cue points.

To be fair, I did run the update the first time as you wrote.  The first update to the database fails on my imported data from the previous version of the software.  I have to run 2 update files on my database, in the proper order which I discovered by trial and error to make my system work right.

I do understand how things work, so up until this version, i haven't needed much help.  However this version uncovered some bugs that I had been using to my benefit.   With your 'bug fixes', my system was wrecked.  I'm not trying to say anything bad about your work, or your availability to help.  I'm seeking solutions to my issues without having to completely rebuild my audio library. 

I spent many many hours looking for a broadcast system that was in my price range that would give me a hard start time for any playlist item. Yours is the first i found, and the reason I'm using it.  I wish to continue using it.  I had been using winamp to good effect but it lacks the hard start time ability, and without that I can't 'switch satellite sources'.  Yours does give me that option and it is that option that is key to my stations operation.

Anyway, I hope that going back to my old database will work even after mapping a new drive letter on both machines.  I expect the pathing in the old db's filenames will still play. Any new production  will just need to reference the new drive letter in its pathing.

RadioFreeUSA

• New User

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:34 AM »
Well, I loaded my old database, got it updated so the program would run.

It will not import any audio from a network share.  If I load audio from a local drive (C:\) it works.  The share will not.  Same audio file "\\computername\share(Y:)" will not import.

Windows 7 professional, all service packs and windows updates

Help?

Thanks~

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
With your 'bug fixes', my system was wrecked.Sorry, i will not loose your time anymore then. If the older version satisfies your needs, just go for it.

PS: I just set up a network in order to re create the issue and even with very long paths it works.

I tested file and folder import with paths like:
Code: [Select]
\\NTW\samba\usb1_1\02 - Muzica\13 Albume\Depeche Mode - Discography\1984-Depeche_Mode-People_Are_People-1984-EOS\01-depeche_mode-people_are_people-eos.mp3
Due the network speed limitation it takes more time to import many files at once than from a local drive, but it works.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

rogiermaas

• Musicbox Live - Non-Stop Hits!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
Perhaps you're dealing with permission-issues. Check both Share- and File-permissions and make sure you run RadioDJ off a seperate directory out of C:\Program Files. Try C:\RadioDJ instead and run RadioDJ.exe as Administrator. Then try again.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl