• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ

Started by DJ Garybaldy, July 18, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

DJ Garybaldy

Seems like Google is my new best friend..... Seriously search Google for "Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ" and see what happens....... :hihi:

Even though it is on my Blog I'm also going to put it here....Are we sitting comfortably??

Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ

How do you do it?

1) Open Track import from the options menu
2) Select track category as "Radio Shows" set a genre and subcategory.
3) Select track type as "Internet Stream"
4) Paste the address of the server you want to relay such as this.

5) Click Import
6) Then set an event up to load it as a track at the time you want to start relaying the stream.
7) After you have finished relaying the stream just set another event up to start playing the next track.

It really is that simple! Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ shouldn't be difficult.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

nemoradio

Hi ! Do you know how it's possible for RDJ to relay metadata from the imported stream ? I saw a post where Marius said that we have to put [AUTO] in the comments fiels of the imported stream, it half worked for me as i saw the imported stream "artist" and "title" in the history list but RDJ sent "artist" and "title" from the "Details" section to the output file...
www.nemoradio.fr

SnowHow

I tried the same thing a while back. My guess is that since RDJ pulls Artist/Title from the database, this is using metadata over a stream, so it has nothing to pull from in the database, except whatever you named the stream when imported.

Most likely another function would have to be added to the main program in order to relay metadata with RDJ from a stream, through an encoder to a server.

In other words, "It can't do that".

J-

Marius

I'm working on it and it will be available very soon.  ;D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

nemoradio

You make me happy Marius ! Thanks Thanks Thanks ! :D
www.nemoradio.fr

DAB54.fm

How do you get the path address into the path/url box ???

My version of radioDJ 1.7.3

It doesn't let you type in the box, if you press the + button it only asks for a file ????

Help Please :)

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: DAB54.fm on September 06, 2014, 02:12:11 PM
How do you get the path address into the path/url box ???

My version of radioDJ 1.7.3

It doesn't let you type in the box, if you press the + button it only asks for a file ????

Help Please :)

Make sure the track type is "Internet stream" then you should be able to paste the stream address into the path/url box.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

marko

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on September 06, 2014, 02:14:43 PM
Make sure the track type is "Internet stream" then you should be able to paste the stream address into the path/url box.

I have a related question (I'm a new user):
Here is an hourly updated mp3 news file.  Can radiodj access this straight from the web?  I can't seem to make it recognize the url.  I tried using the "variable length" field etc.  Thank you.

[Link removed]

Vanlen

It's the same as DJ Garybaldy has mentioned above.   You create a NEW TRACK type or copy and paste the address in the path/url box and make sure the TYPE is INTERNET STREAM, put in your Info such as News - BBC Top Hour in Title Artist and save.   RadioDJ will then grab it and play once it's in the playlist etc.

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

marko

Quote from: Vanlen on November 18, 2014, 06:31:01 PM
It's the same as DJ Garybaldy has mentioned above.   You create a NEW TRACK type or copy and paste the address in the path/url box and make sure the TYPE is INTERNET STREAM, put in your Info such as News - BBC Top Hour in Title Artist and save.   RadioDJ will then grab it and play once it's in the playlist etc.

Cheers

Hmmm, it's just a file, not a stream.  RadioDj doesn't seem to like it.  Can anyone else make it work?  I tried your advice but can't seem to make it work.

Jhonny

Quote from: marko on November 18, 2014, 06:40:54 PM
Hmmm, it's just a file, not a stream.  RadioDj doesn't seem to like it.  Can anyone else make it work?  I tried your advice but can't seem to make it work.

[link removed]

The file is a mp3 file you like to stream, so the track type is a internet stream.
And now you can fill in the path/url

[attachment deleted by admin]
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

marko

Quote from: Jhonny on November 18, 2014, 11:02:17 PM

The file is a mp3 file you like to stream, so the track type is a internet stream.
And now you can fill in the path/url

Yep that's it!  Thank you!

funkstation

Hi Guys, good tip! :cool:
Does anyone know a American spoken news feed for me to use.  :-\

thnx
Pieter
http://www.thefunkstation.com
http://www.thefunkstation : Best Funk, Soul, Disco and Eighties Dance Tracks !

JPH12345

Hi Guys

Sorry to bring this up again, but I am still trying to get the world service .mp3 news file to play at the top of the hour.

[link removed]

I've followed the instructions carefully, but can't get it to play.

I imported the track as an Internet Stream - set an hourly event to load it - but radiodj freezes.  I am using 1.7.6. 

Many thanks in advance

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

Hi JPH12345, i just imported the stream and schedule it and for me is starting playing right away.
Can you please check the windows error logs to see if rdj generates an error message?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.