• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ

Started by DJ Garybaldy, July 18, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

JPH12345

Hi Marius

I've not used the Event Viewer before, but there were many instances of errors.  I've attached a screenshot.  They all seemed to show this error - although there was a timeout error as well.

Hope this helps...

Jean-Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marius

That's strange. BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM means that the file's format is not recognised/supported and yet i can play it without problems.

PS: I think i see the problem: the path that you've imported doesn't exists. In the forum you've posted this URL which works:

[link removed]

but you've imported this URL:

[link removed]

which returns "File not found."
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

JPH12345

DOH!

I will try it again with my glasses on when I return from work!

Thanks Marius

Embarrassed blush

Jean-Paul

Marius

Don't worry.  :) Let's hope that this is the only problem.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

radiocampustours

Hi,

I am looking for a tip how to define the duration of my stream. I tried to fill out the duration of the stream after I imported it. But the duration I set did not work out. Here a guy described that the end is set by the launch of a new file. Is there an another way to set it please ?

Cheers

Stéphane
http://www.radiocampustours.com

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on July 18, 2014, 01:16:54 PM
Seems like Google is my new best friend..... Seriously search Google for "Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ" and see what happens....... :hihi:

Even though it is on my Blog I'm also going to put it here....Are we sitting comfortably??

Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ

How do you do it?

1) Open Track import from the options menu
2) Select track category as "Radio Shows" set a genre and subcategory.
3) Select track type as "Internet Stream"
4) Paste the address of the server you want to relay such as this.

5) Click Import
6) Then set an event up to load it as a track at the time you want to start relaying the stream.
7) After you have finished relaying the stream just set another event up to start playing the next track.

It really is that simple! Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ shouldn't be difficult.

Jhonny

I am looking for a tip how to define the duration of my stream. I tried to fill out the duration of the stream after I imported it. But the duration I set did not work out. Here a guy described that the end is set by the launch of a new file. Is there an another way to set it please ?

Do not think it is possible, because the file is a variable.

Although in the Dutch language are many french words, I can not just learn my self french, but you stream my kind of music.  :cool:

Ps. thinkEntrée Libre is Step into freedom  ::) ::)
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

volgrand

Hello guys!

I wanted to ask for some help. I am running a radio and stablishing events to broadcast a relay radio on it. Like that, a broadcaster that lives far away from me can broadcast live in my radio.

Problem is that the live podcast duration is variable. I can set events to restart the track rotation after a set time, but that may cause either the podcast to be cut before it is finished, or a long time of silence in the radio.

Is there any way to make RadioDJ restart the rotation when it detects the radio has stopped broadcasting? For more help for you, the podcast is broadcasted from a server in MyradioStream, and the owner of it just turns the radio on and off for every podcast.

Thank you in advance for your help, best!

Volgrand
www.myradiostream.com/IberbroniesRadio

Capt_Fuzzy

Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think you may be able to cut your 'dead air' time down by playing with the Silence Remover settings...

It's tough to work with a variable length stream like that, I simulcast a couple of shows that, for the most part, follow a regular schedule but sometimes they go a little over or under their 'scheduled time' and you just have to adapt to it as best as you can.

Maybe someone else has a better idea or can explain this better than I can...  :D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Jhonny

Did you import the podcast in this way also?

Don't use it if hi just turns the radio on and off for every podcast.

[attachment deleted by admin]
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

volgrand

Quote from: Jhonny on March 24, 2015, 08:07:09 PM
Did you import the podcast in this way also?

Don't use it if hi just turns the radio on and off for every podcast.

I did use as settings: Radio show -> Custom category. Track type -> Internet stream.

What settings you think I should use?

AndyDeGroo

volgrand,
If RadioDJ is in Auto DJ mode, it should advance right after internet stream disconnects (or ends in case of file), unless it continues to stream silence. You should consult documentation of the streaming service or ask their support people about disconnecting listeners when broadcast ends.

dannycreggan92

Great tutorial!

My presenters connect to RadioDJ from a different location, i have set up a private stream for this but i have came across a problem in RadioDJ, i have imported one stream ok an it worked, i am trying to import a 2nd show (broadcast on the same private stream as first show) but it will not appear on the library so i can schedule it,

so my question is, can RadioDJ only import one of the same stream urls?

hope this makes sense

SeanKelley

Forgive my ignorance with this question but I am just now starting the research for running a station in my small community.  Everything I have read is that RadioDJ is the automation software that I need.  My question is that I want to be able to broadcast live sporting events (local football/basketball).  For simplicity's sake,  Would this be easiest to do using relay streams?  My remote laptop would broadcast to a server that RadioDJ would grab at a predefined time.

Is this a viable solution to live remote broadcasts?

Sean

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: SeanKelley on January 25, 2016, 03:13:33 PM
Forgive my ignorance with this question but I am just now starting the research for running a station in my small community.  Everything I have read is that RadioDJ is the automation software that I need.  My question is that I want to be able to broadcast live sporting events (local football/basketball).  For simplicity's sake,  Would this be easiest to do using relay streams?  My remote laptop would broadcast to a server that RadioDJ would grab at a predefined time.

Is this a viable solution to live remote broadcasts?

Sean
I've been looking into this as well, and I do believe that it's possible to do so long as you have a few things before-hand...
1. You will have to have internet access from the location you are streaming from, particularly the IP address your laptop will have during the broadcast.
This is the tough part, depending on the location and whether the location provides internet access or you have to stream using your phone or some other "wifi hotspot" device.

2. If you have all the info from step one, you can then create an event in your "studio" RadioDJ that will connect to the 'remote' RadioDJ stream at a time that you schedule and begin playing the stream.

In my research I have learned that connecting to a public wifi hotspot gives you a random IP each time that a device is connected, if for some reason the connection drops and then reconnects, you will end up with a new IP, and that is where the headaches can start.  :D

I have been looking at using Teamviewer to connect to my "studio" RadioDJ and control that from my remote laptop, that way if something happens and I lose my internet connection briefly, I can reconnect by changing things in the studio from my remote. Teamviewer will allow you to control things back in the studio in real time.
I haven't had the opportunity to really "field test" this outside of my own network, but tests of this "locally" have given me a great deal of confidence that this could work and work well.

If this looks like something that you think might work, we can always collaborate on it and maybe get some sort of working 'model' with which we could improve upon for others to use as well.
I've seen a number of posts asking this same question, but very few list any solid solutions to making this work best for anyone that wants to try it themselves.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

SeanKelley

Maybe we are just slightly off on my idea.  I was thinking that I could get one of those free server accounts and just stream to that server and let my home studio pickup the Icecast from there. 

remote broadcast  ----->Icecast server  ----->broadcasts out to the internet (but privately)  <------  My studio's RadioDJ gets that signal at a pre-defined time ----> sends to my normal Icecast server which re-distributes to listeners.

In essence it would be no different than if I were to re-broadcast one of your shows that you are broadcasting from your studio/server.

Does this help?

PS ...I am at the infancy stage of my studio. but I would love to have someone to work with once I get going.

Sean