• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Importing Shoutcast/Icecast streams In RadioDJ

Started by DJ Garybaldy, July 18, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Brodephat

Quote from: SeanKelley on January 26, 2016, 01:39:43 AM
Maybe we are just slightly off on my idea.  I was thinking that I could get one of those free server accounts and just stream to that server and let my home studio pickup the Icecast from there. 

remote broadcast  ----->Icecast server  ----->broadcasts out to the internet (but privately)  <------  My studio's RadioDJ gets that signal at a pre-defined time ----> sends to my normal Icecast server which re-distributes to listeners.

In essence it would be no different than if I were to re-broadcast one of your shows that you are broadcasting from your studio/server.

Does this help?

PS ...I am at the infancy stage of my studio. but I would love to have someone to work with once I get going.

Sean

What I do is simply use another shoutcast server just for remotes. RadioDJ is set to grab that remote stream at the time programmed. I just have to make sure that I connect to the remote server at least 5 minutes prior to when RadioDJ would grab it to make sure its up and running.

I will start what I want to go out on air around 1 minute prior to when RadioDJ grabs it. That kinda makes sure the first part is caught by RadioDJ.

Timing is shakey but it does work. When I'm done with the remote show, I disconnect from the remote server which drops the remote server causing RadioDJ to kick it out due to no active stream being present.

I do this every Sunday at 12 noon for two of my stations and it works well.

I use BUTT (broadcast using this tool) to send my signal off my mixer at the remote location to the extra remote shoutcast server.
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: SeanKelley on January 26, 2016, 01:39:43 AM
Maybe we are just slightly off on my idea.  I was thinking that I could get one of those free server accounts and just stream to that server and let my home studio pickup the Icecast from there. 

remote broadcast  ----->Icecast server  ----->broadcasts out to the internet (but privately)  <------  My studio's RadioDJ gets that signal at a pre-defined time ----> sends to my normal Icecast server which re-distributes to listeners.

In essence it would be no different than if I were to re-broadcast one of your shows that you are broadcasting from your studio/server.

Does this help?

PS ...I am at the infancy stage of my studio. but I would love to have someone to work with once I get going.

Sean
I'd never thought of that, reason being that I tried one of those "free" servers and if I remember correctly, the service was not entirely reliable...
But yeah, if we could find one that was "decent" this could work, and I'd be happy to help test it out with ya.  :cool:
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Jhonny

What do you think about a free Icecast server?

It's a option.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Jhonny on January 26, 2016, 05:57:28 PM
What do you think about a free Icecast server?

It's a option.
Is it compatible with Shoutcast? Or will I have to convert everything over to Icecast?
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Jhonny

No, just stream to a icecast server, and pick up the stream from the server.

For the free server see the topic.

Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Jhonny on January 26, 2016, 09:12:42 PM
No, just stream to a icecast server, and pick up the stream from the server.

For the free server see the topic.

I don't think this will work:

Quote from: streamaudio on January 26, 2015, 09:52:09 PM
Because consistently people register to this free service and dont use it for real, here are the rules:
- the icecast-streamlink has to be used in your website respectively playlist
- the icecast-streamlink has to be your mainstream - not the backup
- the stream dont has to be offline
- re-streaming of other radios is disallowed
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Jhonny

Maybe I'm biased that I can use it for testing.
But maybe if you explain that you use it for live broadcasting from another location so that miscellaneous reporters / DJs can broadcast to the station server / (radio DJ) ??? (internet stream)
So that failure can be caught.

Not Shooting is always miss !!

Jhonny

Or for this spacial streams a shoutcast/icecast server on the station drive itself.

The connection is only one dj/reporter to the server at the time.

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Jhonny on January 26, 2016, 10:20:38 PM
Or for this spacial streams a shoutcast/icecast server on the station drive itself.

The connection is only one dj/reporter to the server at the time.
True, it would be occasional "live on scene" relays from a laptop to the "studio" machine...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

chendricks850

I have a question, I'm trying to import a icecast 2 stream into radiodj. I stream out via a shoutcast stream. I can create the track via the tutorial but it never picks up the stream and plays. For a shoutcast stream is plays well. Not having the good fortune with the icecast v2 stream. Anybody got any ideas? I've included a screen shot of my settings and the url works fine in my browser. I have not found anything that says icecast v2 does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

URL: mediaserver3.afa.net:8000/ufc.mp3

[attachment deleted by admin]
Believer. Thinker. Innovator. Mold & Statistic Breaker. Husband. Father. I don't fit into your box...

Jhonny

Think the path url is missing http://  in frond.

http://mediaserver3.afa.net:8000/ufc.mp3

chendricks850

@Jhonny I saw that as I started looking through some of the other identities when i was digging through the post some more after I posted.... tried that still no luck.

The one other thing I didn't mention is when i click on the track and it will show up in the playlist and then count for like 3 seconds and then drop out... I assume its trying to detect a feed and then drops out when it does not?
Believer. Thinker. Innovator. Mold & Statistic Breaker. Husband. Father. I don't fit into your box...

Jhonny

Just used the http://mediaserver3.afa.net:8000/ufc.mp3 on track import.

And it 's playing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

chendricks850

Ok thanks for testing that out @Jhonny. Something must be goofy on my test server then, I'll try it out on the live server... thanks for your quick responses.

chendricks850

@Jhonny thanks for your help, yea i went to my live server and created the track and it worked with no problems... i'll need to rebuild my test server configuration... I've hosed it up or something... thanks again!