• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

INSERT Button

Started by wiztstar, July 26, 2014, 05:07:34 PM

wiztstar

How do I use this Button. It doesn't seem to do anything. Can I add a song on the fly?

AndyDeGroo

Try clicking on "REPLACE" and see the difference. It's basically a switch between two buttons.
INSERT mode does exactly that - inserts tracks; REPLACE - replaces track on which track dragged from search pane.

wiztstar

Sorry, I still don't see these buttons doing anything. The button turns blue when I click it. What is the procedure to add a song to the current rotation, like a request that I just want to play after the song that's playing now.

SnowHow

Click either "Insert"  or "Replace" and drag a track from the Search tab to the queue....

AndyDeGroo

Those two buttons switch behaviour of playlist (queue) between inserting and replacing a track.
Use your mouse to drag and drop songs from search or requests. Why is it so hard to figure out?
You can see a short description of buttons function by pausing you cursor on it.

FL Coast

Quote from: wiztstar on July 27, 2014, 04:48:31 PM
Sorry, I still don't see these buttons doing anything. The button turns blue when I click it. What is the procedure to add a song to the current rotation, like a request that I just want to play after the song that's playing now.

If the INSERT button is highlighted, when you drag a track from the search pane using your mouse it will insert the track to the number you drag it to... lets say slot 4 and push the track that was in slot 4 down to slot 5 and all tracks below moving down one number.

Using that same slot, If you highlight the REPLACE button, when you drag a track from the search pane to slot 4, it will remove the song in that slot and replace it with the one you just dropped on it from the search pane. All tracks below slot 4 will remain the same.

I hope this helps.
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Marius

The "thing" from the right...

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

wiztstar

Ok, I had to change the zone number so it would show up on a tab. No sure why it wasn't there by default. The "Insert" button doesn't seem to function. The tracks drag over whether it's on or off. Maybe it has something to do with WinXP 64bit.

Note: I can insert song, but the system skips over it. What's up with that?