• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

New pc installation

Started by makmb, July 28, 2014, 01:43:05 PM

makmb

I set virtualdj on a new computer with win 8.1 64 bit, everything seems to be fine events ,etc but track rotation doesn't appear although everything is fine with database and the result is that it doesn't load tracks . Did i miss something copying the radiodj folder from the one pc to the other?

Vanlen

Is your music on the same Drive.  If not or the database shows everything fine but tracks don't load nor play could be that you need to use the Relocate Tracks function from the Utilities Tab in RadioDJ to point to the directory/Drive that your music is in?   That might be the issue perhaps.

Cheers
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

makmb

I try to relocate but nothing happens, not even the start button can be pushed

Marius

You must select the new path first.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

makmb

i choose the path but it doesn't seem to respond, after i choose start button but nothing happens

makmb

Everything seems to work just fine, events are on but i have no categories in track rotation and i can't relocate tracks as when you choose the path and press start it does nothing. It looks like it knows the path. Any other suggestions?

I'm away on holidays and can not make my radio station to play :(

AndyDeGroo

Two questions I see no one asked:
1. Where was you music located on old system?
2. What's the path of you music now?

makmb

1. In external disk drive 1 ( i have 2 external drives 1&2 ,the one mirrors each other , both drives have same letter and same name, music in both drives is located in G:/MUSIC)
2. Path is the same ,external drive 2,  G:/MUSIC

The thing is that it doesn't allow me to relocate tracks, with no error displayed

Marius

If you want i can take a look via team viewer. It will be quicker for you too.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Marius

Fixed, it wasn't a matter of relocating tracks. Just restored a backup and added the database updates.
Glad that it sorted out...  ;D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------