• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Major Rotation Issue

Started by C8r821, July 29, 2014, 08:26:40 PM

C8r821

Before I start I posted about this before but

• The problem has persisted.
  • It's gotten worse.
  • I didn't feel like bumping an old thread (even if it was my own)
So anyway.... :( After a few weeks on the new version of RDJ my rotations started to, lets say, malfunction. I don't know if its of my own doing or if it is a bug specific to my system (Seeing that no one else has posted it.) Whenever I either turn on AutoDJ to run on one of my rotations or build a playlist from rotation the program does not follow any of my rotation "rules", nor does it follow the separation rules (Artist/Track Separation). By this I mean that AutoDJ is basically playing whatever it wants whenever it wants to. The Windows Event Logs show an error with MySQL saying that event id 100 cannot be found every 3 or 4 seconds and its really starting to become a nuisance. My thought is that it might be an issue with the database but I'm hoping I'm wrong because starting from square one with a new database would not be a fun prospect for me.

I welcome any and all Ideas,
Thanks again,
C8r821

P.S. Here are some Screenshots:

Rotations-

Event Logs-

Playlist Builder(With Built Playlist)-
:D I <3 RDJ!

SnowHow

Is this an upgraded installation or a fresh install?

C8r821

Upgraded which is why I think it's the database

AndyDeGroo

The Event Viewer screenshot doesn't help much, because it doesn't show actual error message from MySQL.

It looks like you have skipped a database update. Latest versions of RDJ use SQL procedure to handle updating of song and artist played timestamps, and history. You should have updated database using "1.6.5.8 RC7 - UPDATE FROM RC4 AND OLDER.sql" in Database Setup Utility.

Marius

From what i see, the error entry comes from MySQL itself and not from RadioDJ.
In RadioDJ options did you enabled error logging?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

C8r821

I did update the database and unfortunately that's what I thought the problem was :bash:. Thanks for the help and I'll talk to you in about a week after I finish re-importing songs.  :hihi:

Marius

Before droping the old database, try to save the cue points to the ID3 of the tracks so you will not need to edit again the tracks.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

C8r821