• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

BUG in the Tracks Manager - Enabled/Disabled songs filter

Started by nonstopradio, July 30, 2014, 10:37:33 PM

nonstopradio

Hello,

I was very unhappy what to do, why the Tracks Manager shows only about 1/5 of all songs that I have in the database. I have done everything, I was trying to remove some special characters,  rewrite subcategories in the database, I made several times new database etc... :bash: ...  and finally.... I found the problem! :-)

There is a big bug in the filtering option for Enabled / Disabled / Show All songs. The option Show All shows both, enabled and disabled songs together, but only up to the count of enabled songs in the database.

So for example: I have 10500 songs and only 2600 songs enabled, the rest is disabled.

- Choosing the option "Enabled", shows all 2600 enabled songs absolutely correctly
- Choosing the option "Disabled" shows only 100 songs always! At the bottom of the Tracks manager window is written "1-100/0" which makes no sense
- Choosing the option "Show All" shows ONLY first 2600 songs but it displays correctly mixed enabled and disabled songs, but there is absolutely no chance to display more

When I enable one song, I see first 2601 songs in "Show All", 2601 in "Enabled" and still only first 100 in "Disabled".

I used the MySQL statement "UPDATE songs SET enabled = 1" and after that - WOW!  :D ;D There are all songs, but all are enabled, but this is not a goal to enable all...

Marius

What version are you using? I'm asking because in 1.7.2 i cannot reproduce it.
I have 1562 total tracks on my test computer and i let enabled only 72 tracks.

On "Show All" is displaying: 1-100/1562
On "Show Enabled" is displaying: 1-72/72
On "Show Disabled" is displaying: 1-100/1493

On each filter i can navigate until the last page.

PS: After all is a problem in displaying the totals because 1493+72 = 1565 and not 1562...
PPS: "SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM SONGS" returned 1565 so 3 tracks are lost from the count somewhere.

This will be my homework for tomorrow  :D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

nonstopradio

Hi Marius,

I think that you can not reproduce it because you have not so much songs. Maybe it works when you have 1000 or 2000 songs.

Here is a link for my database backup with more than 10000 songs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt3ijnyhchr13ma/20140728%20225030-bez%20divnoznaku.sql

If you try to import this databse, I think you will see the error too.

Currently I use RadioDJ 1.7.1 but it behaves wrong also in 1.7.0 and 1.6.5

Marius

Ok, the count problem was actually my mistake, it counts correctly, but i had also another filter active.

I imported your backup without modifying anything.
ALL: 1-100/10924
ENABLED: 1-100/2259
DISABLED: 1-100/8665

2259+8665=10924, which is correct and also sql count is reporting 10924 as total entries.

Here is a print screen which shows that i could navigate to the last page:

Maybe i don't understand the problem correctly.  :(

Anyway, we'll talk tomorrow because now i'm really tired...

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

nonstopradio

Hi Marius,

it is a mystery for me, how is possible that you see all and I am not able to display the same like you. What can I see, by your machine it works correctly. Let's see what I see :-)

I only restored the database from the same backup file which I shared. Now I shoul display all songs....
(I changed the max. value from default 100 to 500 so each page can contain 500 songs)

This I see when I switch to Disabled (1-500/0, no more)

And this I see when I switch to Enabled (I am satisfied with this, it seems to be correct...)

So maybe it is problem on my side, but where? I have tried just everything with no success.

Thank you very much!

nonstopradio

I upgraded now to RadioDJ 1.7.2 and it works correctly now (without any change in the database). So maybe you have corrected it there? It seems that upgrade from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2 was the solution :-)

HMC

Quote from: nonstopradio on August 03, 2014, 02:15:48 AM
I upgraded now to RadioDJ 1.7.2 and it works correctly now (without any change in the database). So maybe you have corrected it there? It seems that upgrade from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2 was the solution :-)

I would have suggested you upgraded first before making the post because that was a problem prior to 1.7.2.
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10